Started Testing the Legs

Options
Panini911
Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
edited September 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
While not 100%, my legs are much better and I am walking my normal amount daily. So I am slooowwwlllyyy testing out the running legs.

Sunday: 5 reps of 1min light run, 1 min walk.
Tuesday: 8 reps of 1min light run, 1 min walk.

Stlil feeling ok, the above felt like warm-up after doing 10-15k's ;) but i kept it at that. My plan, assuming i still feel ok, is doing two sessions of 10 reps. (Thursday, and then when i WALK my 5k run on Sunday). I will skip the entire 10k race, i figured it was best not to try even walking it just in case - well that and it would be a lonnnngg walk.

Seeing physio again on Friday and will confirm the next steps.

Not knowing what set this off and what the injury was (or maybe it is just a bunch of tight muscles and my body hitting a wall) makes it a little scary to think about how i'll get back to long runs. But my goal is really just back to what was my "normal" for many years: 4-5 5k runs a week. just basics stuff.

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'd talk to your physio and see if there are some tight muscles that need self-myofascial release and stretching or any weak muscles that you should strengthen. They would know if you had imbalances and should be able to give you some "homework" to deal with them.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    thanks!

I am back Friday do work on Quads. An RMT worked on them last Wed and they were...quite painful. She recommended talking to the physio about them. I've been bouncing between RMT and physio apts - at this point I still have some "physio" money left in my insurance plan so preferring to go there :P

He's given me some stretches yes (three plus two others for hip flexors) on the last two visits.

No mention of imbalances. Both legs were hurting when I stopped (discomfort would move around from knees to calves to quads, both legs, so pinpointing anything is fairly hard).

I will ask about self-myofacial release if I remember :)