MFP facebook page...

Options
Does anyone follow it?

I drew the line today at the '10 meal sized salads at 500 calories a serving of less that won't make you hungry' with a serving size of... 1 1/4 cup. Who eats less than 1.5 cup worth of salad for a MEAL?

They share so much bro-science and ridiculous recipes with ridiculously small serving sizes, no wonder that people keep spreading that nonsense (I just read this gem about how people sometimes don't lose wait because they are 'underfueling' their exercise and putting their body in 'conservation mode'.

But I guess they got to make money somehow... and spreading nonsense is a good way of getting customers who can, indeed, not lose weight.

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Agree, it sounds like they are regurgitating the MFP blog articles on the facebook site. Even if you pay for premium you still get the blogs since they aren't "advertising" as such, but half the entries are rubbish clickbait about "10 Best Foods to Lose Weight" and "5 Foods You Should NEVER Eat If You Value Your Life!!!". People who are new to the site reasonably assume the blogs are part of the program, since they're not advertising, and get confused or anxious about all the "rules" it looks like they should be following.

Thanks for clearing this up. I admit I have read some of this, and wondered where much of this information was coming from. As some of it seemed pretty off the wall to me. I have read, but pretty much have ignored if it did not make sense or go along with other information I was getting. Thanks for sharing this.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I think I follow MFP on facebook but I deleted my facebook app so I don't get on there much. I just looked at the blog and don't see anything very woo-tastic. "4 tips on training for speed" "10 healthy fast casual restaurants" "top 10 pinned slow cooker recipes" ... I don't doubt they post some dumb *kitten* but I looked over the entire front page and didn't really see anything bad.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I read them for the comments, especially when the article promotes carbs, animal products or eating at regular intervals.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I read them for the comments, especially when the article promotes carbs, animal products or eating at regular intervals.

Right, there was one last week that had a bunch of woo about how, when and what to eat - you're talking about that one? That's one I clicked on because I was wondering if it was really as bad as it sounded. It was. First point was Don't Skip Breakfast! Here's What (and how much) You Should Eat! It went downhill from there.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options

Now I want to read them just for the comments...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I REALLY want to comment on them, but then my friends can see the comments pop up on their feed sometimes, and I don't want that... so I came here to rant instead lol.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I REALLY want to comment on them, but then my friends can see the comments pop up on their feed sometimes, and I don't want that... so I came here to rant instead lol.

I feel your pain with that one. I really wish there was a way of hiding comments from friends.