Patsy's Pizza...Calories?! AARRGGGHhhhh

Options
First post ever......went for lunch and cannot find the calorie count for a small thin crust no cheese salad pizza from patsy's (a chain from NYC) six small slices
And.....went next door and had their hazelnut gelato......don't they HAVE to point nutrition somewhere?!
Thanks for any help...Im new enough to cico

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i would look to something like pizza hut or dominos for similar guidance

ditto with the gelato

and they only have to provide nutrition (by law) if they have more than 50 stores (I believe)
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Try MOD pizza. They have a pizza salad. The crust is 650 cals on it's own. I already logged a caesar salad pizza for dinner tonight. You can read through their menu on their website, they have lots of calorie information that might get you close to what you had today.
  • cyclone48
    cyclone48 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    srk369 wrote: »
    Try MOD pizza. They have a pizza salad. The crust is 650 cals on it's own. I already logged a caesar salad pizza for dinner tonight. You can read through their menu on their website, they have lots of calorie information that might get you close to what you had today.

This....

Especially in the beginning, you will find that you eat alot of stuff that doesn't have detailed calorie information (if you are anything like me). As you keep up with the calorie counting and figure out which foods have what nutrition profiles, you will keep refining your choices and probably gravitate to choices where you know there is good information. But in the beginning, just try to do your best. At least you are tracking...that is a good step forward!

• Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut has fantastic nutrition information on their site. I use it for any pizza that doesn't have info available.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Smaller chains and stand alone restaurants don't generally have nutrional information for thier menu. You kinda have to do best guesses based on similar items at large chain restaurants that do.
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else! I find the closest item a national chain has to guess calories. I typically overestimate the amount of calories to be safe with unknown items (maybe doing 1.2x servings instead of 1.0). I try to limit the amount of "unknown" calories in when possible, though!
  • coba
    coba Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much fo the responses!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Smaller chains and stand alone restaurants don't generally have nutrional information for thier menu. You kinda have to do best guesses based on similar items at large chain restaurants that do.

I've also manually input my best guess for things as well. Like, if a pizza chain doesn't have it's info but I got a non-traditional pizza I know I won't find a dupe for in the system, I'll estimate on the higher end the toppings used. I find that also works!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    That sounds like my homemade pizza, which would be about 600 calories.