Options
2»

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    If it wasn't clear, I typically shape my meals around protein, not the other way around. For example, tomorrow I'm planning on making thai curry (dinner) and some chicken dish with preserved lemons (lunch). I'll eat the curry, which will also have various vegetables in it, with rice and I'll probably make brussels sprouts which I'll have with the other dish. The only protein that I ever really incorporate into anything is green beans.

Green beans? Hardly a "go to" for increasing protein.

If the op was eating similar meals, they could increase protein by changing rice for quinoa. Adding beans (not the green vegetable variety) and legumes would also bump up protein.

Did you read the rest of my post?
    Edit: or the post above that was essentially "meat, meat, meat, more meat, meat" Again - I build my meals around protein which I suggest the OP try out.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Literally any other meat lol. I mostly eat chicken breast, ground beef and pork loin... because they're cheap. I'd love to eat more ribs, steak, and salmon but, just no. Too expensive.

I like cottage cheese a lot too.
  • belladamjc
    belladamjc Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Going outside the standard box a little, for protein with a minimum of fat, game is ideal particularly in the fall/autumn.
    Venison or roast pheasant/other game bird with a variety of fruity sauces or stewed rabbit. There are loads of recipes that can be tinkered slightly for a low calorie feast! :)
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    My favourite sources of protein are

Chicken, turkey, beef (mainly minced as this is most affordable), kangaroo (we must be the only country that eats our national emblem), and fish (too expensive to have too much though)

Eggs, Greek yoghurt, and cheese

Nuts, black beans, lentils, pumpkin seeds, and chickpeas

Protein bars and powder (I add the powder to my breakfast cereal in the morning).