Ladies!!! Serious question out of curiosity??

Options

Replies

• Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 21, I'm 4'11 and I'm still in a 28H (UK). When my body fat percentage was ~15% and my BMI was 18.6 (my lowest weight) I was still in a 28FF.

I think it entirely depends on genetics, I loose off boobs last, and also how much is gland and how much is fat. It's almost impossible to second guess what can happen. The most accurate way to guess what could happen is to look at your sisters, mothers and any aunties. If they all loose from that area then you may well to.
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    Wow F lucky you, just had to comment hihi :) I wish I am hourglass shape too but I will just make do. For an asian, I am fairly okay. I think it does go down for me since I can feel it LOL

But Bonnie Don't worry because as you are skinnier, the smaller size boob would look okay too because it is proportional in a way. (get what I mean?) so yeah smaller waist and smaller boob = same proportion as larger waist to larger boob?
  • USA2007
    USA2007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60+ pounds, went from a tight 38DD to a 36DD. Same cup size but they def shrank some. Not as much as I expected though. I think it may depend on body/fat composition of the breast tissue. I'm glad the girls didn't totally deflate, but I wouldn't mind them shrinking down to just a D to be honest. Don't want to be a member of the itty bitty committee of course, but a bit smaller would be more proportional to my body size...
  • slatts75
    slatts75 Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I was just about to ask a similar question myself. I'm a 38DD/E and have been for years even after breast feeding my now 4 year old, so it's unlikely my weight loss will change my size that much, they seem to be mostly tissue not fat. I just started 30DS and can already feel the effect of the press ups and bell flies on my chest only 4 days in, will keep you posted. I'm hoping this will lift me a little. (Failing that, I'll just have to walk around the pool/beach with my arms permanently in the air- they look pretty good when I do that. Ha!)
  • foxygoesfast
    Options
    I was wearing 36DD at the beginning of the year, and I'm sitting here now in a 32F(32DDD), which suggests that while my ribcage measurement has gone down, I probably still have approximately the same amount of breast tissue.

It's hard to say for certain, though, since I got rid of the old bras, and I'm almost certain they weren't the correct size to begin with, given what I learned this year about bra sizing. People are surprised by the number because I look proportional and they have it in their heads that even a D is absolutely enormous, but although MFP forum rules would frown on providing evidence, the improvement is incredibly obvious when you look at how my current bras fit and support vs. my previous ones. Ok, I'm stepping off of my boob soapbox now. ;)

http://www.butterflycollection.ca/bra-size-calculator/
    http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Wow F lucky you, just had to comment hihi :) I wish I am hourglass shape too but I will just make do. For an asian, I am fairly okay. I think it does go down for me since I can feel it LOL

But Bonnie Don't worry because as you are skinnier, the smaller size boob would look okay too because it is proportional in a way. (get what I mean?) so yeah smaller waist and smaller boob = same proportion as larger waist to larger boob?

Haha hihi back!!! :)) Yes that does make sense, do women you think go through an awkward stage like hair does when you cut it too short? Like on your way to fitness do any of you feel like your body is just awkward until you've reached you goal?
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    I've lost 60+ pounds, went from a tight 38DD to a 36DD. Same cup size but they def shrank some. Not as much as I expected though. I think it may depend on body/fat composition of the breast tissue. I'm glad the girls didn't totally deflate, but I wouldn't mind them shrinking down to just a D to be honest. Don't want to be a member of the itty bitty committee of course, but a bit smaller would be more proportional to my body size...

Yeah I was a 36C and a 36D for the longest time obviously when I was younger I was straight A's, lol I used to get picked on bad when my friends were getting boobs and mine just chilled like that until I hit puberty lol. Also one is like half a cup size bigger than the other have any of you ladies experienced that or has loosing weight made a different in that department?
  • Auntycincin
    Auntycincin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi i was a 28e and now im at 16hh so my boobs are going down! :laugh: woo hoo
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I think that's the first place it goes from for me. I don't do scales but my sports bra leaves me supportless at this point and I've only been at it three weeks. when I was 115 I was like a 24 a or b (I can't remember exactly.)at my highest weight I was at a 36 C or D depending on the manufactuer.. I think I am 34 c at this point. So it's going away fast. I expect I'll be where i started when I lose all the weight I intend on losing.

I strongly suspect, if you were skinny to begin with, that's where your breast size will end at, where you were then.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    @Aunty- Awesome!!!

@astartig- No I've never had a flat stomach as long as I can remember even when I was constantly active in sports, swimming, weights, and all back in my teenage, and preteen years. That is what's making me so curious!
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have never had enormous boobs, but when I was skinny my 34B's looked pretty damn big next to my 23'' waist. I'm only 5'5'' though. I think it's all about proportions.

Now that I am fat and have entered the 36 D range, I don't think I'll be upset if my boobs shrink as long as the rest of me shrinks too. In fact, I like them a little smaller.

As long as you have SOMETHING there, there is a bra that will make them look great in clothes. And out of clothes smaller boobs tend to be perkier so don't worry about it!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    I have never had enormous boobs, but when I was skinny my 34B's looked pretty damn big next to my 23'' waist. I'm only 5'5'' though. I think it's all about proportions.

Now that I am fat and have entered the 36 D range, I don't think I'll be upset if my boobs shrink as long as the rest of me shrinks too. In fact, I like them a little smaller.

As long as you have SOMETHING there, there is a bra that will make them look great in clothes. And out of clothes smaller boobs tend to be perkier so don't worry about it!

lol haha true that's one way of looking at it!!! My husband is like don't lose the boobs or get too skinny it will hurt when we do "recreational activities". :laugh:
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Be greatful you ladies even have that! Try having a 32A chest, then you can be concerned! lol
  • Eli_Xx
    Eli_Xx Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I hope to comment on this thread soon (: I'm on my journey to losing weight and I'm a 38H. And I'm 5'3" lol
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    Be greatful you ladies even have that! Try having a 32A chest, then you can be concerned! lol

BUT you are very beautiful and proportioned!!! :smile: :wink: :wink: :tongue: :heart:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    I hope to comment on this thread soon (: I'm on my journey to losing weight and I'm a 38H. And I'm 5'3" lol

Good luck on your journey!!! :)
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I've lost inches, but my breasts are still approximately the same size. If they're made of breast tissue rather than fat, you won't lose them. If they were smaller when you were thinner and got bigger due to gaining fat, you will lose them.

Edited to add: I've always been an hourglass shape, but I'm a bit more pear-ish now because the weight is coming off of my upper body before it comes off my lower body. I think (I hope!) this will even out as I continue to lose weight, though.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was 275lbs - 38GG

At 204 I'm 36G

71lb loss - one back size, one cup size. I'm HOPING I can get that down more. They feel too out of proportion (you can probably see in my pic) too large, I often get asked if they're fake and people think that they can just go ahead and try to grab them. Boob loss is good loss, as long as everything is all even in the end.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    I was 275lbs - 38GG

At 204 I'm 36G

71lb loss - one back size, one cup size. I'm HOPING I can get that down more. They feel too out of proportion (you can probably see in my pic) too large, I often get asked if they're fake and people think that they can just go ahead and try to grab them. Boob loss is good loss, as long as everything is all even in the end.

That's horrible someone would do that!!! Talk about gettin hit reaaaalll quick!!! lol and I agree as long as everything evens out in the end lol
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that women who had no boobs before putting on weight revert to no boobs after losing that weight (like me)
    And women who actually grew boobs at the time of puberty get to keep them.

As an observation, I have never met a naturally big-boobed woman with a flat stomach. I'm sure there are some lucky women like that, but few and far between. Personally I belong to the no-boob category, and I'm only ever happy with my boobs when my hips start getting too big!