Entering machine exercises

Options
NORLEAD
NORLEAD Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
How does one go about entering exercises done on machines. An example of this would be delt fly or deltoid fly. I looked in the data base but it had rear deltoid raise. That was one of the options on the machine but i didn't do it. Please, i would like some help with entering these things. Thank you for your help.

Replies

• Addie187
    Addie187 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No idea but it's good that your doing those exercise's far too often people neglect rear delts.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    After you have tried to search the database, look at the bottom of the page, you can "add an exercise to the database."
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    On the MFP Web site, under the Exercise tab, there is a "My Exercises" option. Select that and you can create your own.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I usually just use the general "Strength Training" option. It seems fairly accurate.
  • Nitephall
    Nitephall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The problem with exercises on some machines is that there's no way to know how many calories you've burned. Also, I don't think very many people who use this program do much machine exercising, because the database for it is woefully incomplete. I tried to enter a treadmill workout today and "treadmill" wasn't even in the database. Neither was "arm ergometer". These are two very common machines. I guess most people using this program are focusing more on their diet than working out.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    "Treadmill" will be classed as "running". There are lots of different speeds in the database.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    To seARCH THE DATA BASE JUST ENTER "'."
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked the specific exercise up that you're referring to but it's important to add the actual exercise itself and not the machine. I hope this helps!
  • Skyebella27
    Options
    I never entered any strength training exercises, I just log my cardio and count any strength stuff as extra....but that's just me lol.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I do a variety of high rep, light weight routines on a machine and label it as a cardio called "circuit training."
This discussion has been closed.