Any books or movies inspire you to stick with it?

Options
Looking for motivation and hoping maybe there is some media out there than can help me stay in a slight calorie deficit.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Not really. I just eat and move in a way I would like to even if I didn't have to watch my weight.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    Rocky.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Any youtube you can sing along with. Because it's really hard to eat when you're singing.

I'm not so fortunate as kommodevaran in that I often want to eat in ways that I'd like to but that aren't necessarily in the interest of my weight goals. I just don't find a lot of help from books/movies/tv in the sense of being inspired about weight and fitness management.
  • Lindsaypmilner
    Lindsaypmilner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the 12 week year for helping me move towards my goals. It's by Brian Moran and Michael Lennington. Not just for weight and fitness goals, I'm using it for work and home life too, but it's been particularly helpful in keeping me on track with diet and fitness.

Also helpful in getting me started was making a commitment on stickk.com
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    If you can find it I loved the movie "Before and After" with Patty Duke Astin. As for books there is one recommended on here that I bought and found very interesting called "Thin for Life". Other than that the biggest motivation for me was progress. The more I lost and the smaller the size I fit into was the biggest motivator to keep going.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the tv show the biggest loser? or the tv show extreme makeover weight loss edition. Nothing will show you that you can accomplish anything like either of those shows. Yes, they are both extreme but sometimes those are the measures we take to lose the weight once and for all.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I watch this at least once a week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdTMDpizis8