Macros and calories question

Options
I’m very confused this morning. I just reviewed my nutrition from yesterday and the day before. Yesterday I ate more carbs, more fat, and more protein than Tuesday yet my diary is showing that I consumed several hundred fewer calories. This isn’t possible,right?

Replies

• ColetteM6
    ColetteM6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I see. The entries I picked were mislabeling the macro/calorie counts and ratios? That makes sense. Thank you!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The MFP food database is great - but would it not be possible to have gram / ounces instead of each? Example: chicken breast: each - anything from 149 calories to 175 calories. Why not gram or ounces? Thank you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    You can enter your own foods exactly the way you want them if you're having trouble finding what you want in the database @neugebauer52

Here's a really helpful thread for any of you having problems with finding correct database answers, or those with grams etc.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10621050/how-to-use-the-usda-food-database-mfp-food-database-for-accurate-logging/p1
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    The database here is largely made from personal entries of other members. Like me and you. You have to carefully check each entry against trusted sources of information before you use it. For fruit and veg I use the entries marked as "usda". Others I just compare with the package that I have.