For people on plateau... here is hope!

Options
Heya

I just thought I would share some experience that I have had recently and that hopefully it will help some people who are struggling to keep on track at the moment.

I starting my journey in January 2013, mid April I at lost 16lbs. I am "a slow loss is better person" so I was really happy. I went on a All inclusive holiday and put back a couple of pounds. No worries, 2 weeks later I had lost them again with an extra pound.

So beginning of May I was on -17lbs and ready to keep going. Unfortunately I body had decided otherwise, 1 month later = -17lbs, 2 month later = -17lbs (with some up and down variations of course), 3 months later the same.
It is hard to keep motivated, I had some weeks were I was eating without being careful, thinking what's the point? But I kept at it, continuing exercising, counting my calories (most days....) and starting the month of August with little hope but yet still a bit of hope.

1st weighting in August: -18lbs! OMG what is happening, is my scale broken or have I really finally after 3 months lost that extra pound???
2nd weighting in August: -19lbs! Here we go I have ride out my first plateau I think (I am pretty sure there will be another one in a couple of month)

I just wanted to share my experience with you especially if you are in the situation I was in in May, June and July. KEEP GOING! Stay motivated, you can do it.

If you think that I can be of help with support, don't hesitate to ask me as friend, I will be happy to help and share (I also need help I tell you!)

Good luck

Replies

• JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can relate to that.

That is very good to know, because it is so easy to give up, I have been the same with 3lb, my scales said I lost the 3lb and then put on 3lb in a week?? I believe I do fluctuate a lot. But I did see that -3lb lost which is brill this morning, the 3lb was back.

But I don't believe its weight could be water,or sodium.

I will keep it up I have a long journey but at least I am on it.

My weight loss so far, in 2.5 years is 23lb

Keep up the good work and well done :) xx

Jen x