the "look, I have boobs" selfie angle

Options
jjpptt2
jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
It was duck lips for a while, now it seems to be having the camera above/pointing downward, often times with revealing shirts/tops. Now, I'm all for "if you've got it, flaunt it" mentality, and people should be able to dress and selfie however they want.

But how do people rectify this new trend with the bigger picture of not sexualizing women? Or am I just overthinking it all? 'Cause yea, that never happens *rolleyes*

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Everyone's feminism is different and as you mentioned, we've no right to say how one woman practices hers, but what you're talking about comes under the category of "not helping" for me, and my feelings as a woman.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    In the words of modern day poet and philosopher, Drake...

Work at 8 A.M., finish 'round five
    **** talk down, you don't see 'em outside
    Yeah, they don't really be the same offline
    You know dark days, you know hard times
    Doin' overtime for the last month
    Saturday, call the girls, get 'em gassed up
    Gotta hit the club, gotta make that *** jump
    Gotta hit the club like you hit them ***********' angles
    With your phone out, snappin' like you Fabo
    And you showin' off, but it's alright
    And you showin' off, but it's alright
    It's a short life

Oh, and by the way.

This thread will not end well.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    A woman can choose to be as sexy as she wants to be and it's fine for others to recognize her sexiness IMO, but it's not OK to reduce her to just her sexuality. I think that's a kind of objectification.

Personally, I dislike dismembered body parts in general - naked detached torsos, backs, biceps- but this is a fitness site so it kind of makes sense in this context and if it's your body, do what you want. I might be silently judging but that shouldn't bother you as long as you're happy with yourself.

Also, that angle is flattering to breasts and to aging, sagging faces. I know.

Ah, that makes sense.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I was triggered to recall my drafting class.

The way to draw boob angles is with an "ogee".

With that out of the way, @jjpptt2 you can just quit following Kylie Jenner on Instagram.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    It was duck lips for a while, now it seems to be having the camera above/pointing downward, often times with revealing shirts/tops. Now, I'm all for "if you've got it, flaunt it" mentality, and people should be able to dress and selfie however they want.

But how do people rectify this new trend with the bigger picture of not sexualizing women? Or am I just overthinking it all? 'Cause yea, that never happens *rolleyes*

whn09bdy1z30.jpg

terrible this is still happening in 2018. just absolutely shameful.