2 Weeks In

Frustrated! 2 weeks in and I’ve lost .2 lbs. I’ve been keeping by calorie count around 1500 and getting my 10,000 steps in most days. I’m 193lbs and I was really hoping for a better number this morning. Anyone else have low numbers in the beginning? Just wondering if I should be patient or keep trying new positive changes.

Replies

• deonbfit
    deonbfit Posts: 75 Member
    I didn't lose weight for the first 4-6 weeks. Started working out consistently Mid Jan, saw first loss on the scale March 3rd. Consistency and patience. Its a lifestyle change that will reward you in the long run. You won't see results overnight.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    One pound per week is an excellent rate of loss. You might want to adjust your expectations, healthy weight loss is not something that happens quickly.
  • Aimelyn11
    Aimelyn11 Posts: 4 Member
    0.2 lbs not 2lbs lol. I would be happy with 2lbs, lol. Yeah, I’ve tripped myself up in the past with not seeing immediate results and quitting and now I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been. I will keep pushing on.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Sorry, I misread, it's still very early here. :) Still, it's only been two weeks, be patient.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    It's a marathon not a sprint.

are you weighing and logging food? Careful about choosing entries when logging? including non water liquids?
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    When I started walking everyday, I gained weight. It will come off very soon. Be patient.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    It can be tough when we start out, but don't be disheartened. It could be that you're just retaining more water than normal. That often happens when we start a new exercise plan, or make a dramatic change to our habits and put our body under new stresses. Also if you're someone who gets periods, depending on where you are in your monthly cycle it can also cause you to retain more water than normal.

Trust the process. If you truly are at deficit, then the weight will come off.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Hang in there! If you are walking more, you are probably gaining some muscle, which weighs more. Just the fact that you have been logging your calories every day for two weeks is an accomplishment. (I keep forgetting, and I am also two weeks in!) I also haven't lost any weight yet.

You're not going to gain muscle from walking for two weeks, gaining muscle is tough to do and requires way more concentrated effort than that.

OP, if that much walking is new, it's possible you are retaining water. Also, where you are in your cycle can affect water weight and digestion speed as well. You really need to give it 6-8 weeks before you can really tell if you are on the right track.

Having said that, it's never a bad time to tighten up your logging. Double check that the entries you are using in the database are accurate. Use a food scale as often as possible. Make sure you aren't forgetting to log incidentals like condiments, cooking oils, nibbles while cooking, that late night snack you grabbed when your phone was charging in the other room, etc. :smile:

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum too.

Hang in there!
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    When do you weigh yourself?
  • Aimelyn11
    Thanks everyone for the insight. I’ve been weighing myself on Friday mornings when I first wake up. I just bought a food scale so I’m going to start weighing my portions to tighten up my logging. I’m going to add some elliptical time to my workout routine and start tracking my water intake to make sure I’m drinking enough water. I haven’t been paying much attention to my water. I’m hoping that these small changes will help.
  • Aimelyn11
    And I’m going to practice patience :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    nlbkto1sibhq.jpg
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    edited September 2018
    If you’re only weighing once a week, it’s possible that water weight fluctuations are masking your weight loss to some degree. If I only weighed myself once a week, I’d miss the true trend in my weight loss completely some weeks! I prefer to weigh daily and use Happy Scale to keep track of my moving average. It really helps me maintain perspective during the times when my weight jumps up for no identifiable reason.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Give yourself time, it can take several weeks to get rewarded on the scales - our bodies fluctuates up and down naturally for a host of reasons and that can mask weight loss.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Aimelyn11 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the insight. I’ve been weighing myself on Friday mornings when I first wake up. I just bought a food scale so I’m going to start weighing my portions to tighten up my logging. I’m going to add some elliptical time to my workout routine and start tracking my water intake to make sure I’m drinking enough water. I haven’t been paying much attention to my water. I’m hoping that these small changes will help.

Perhaps daily weigh ins and using a trending weight app would help - that way you can see the overall trend is going in the right direction.