strange burst of new found energy

Options
I wonder if any of you have experience a profound increase in energy as you hit a certain lower weight.

I lost about 40 pounds since January and was in the middle of my BMI. I have touted how much better I feel..and increased energy.. and aches and pains gone. It is true.

However, I've been doing an end of the summer tune up.. meaning eating back at a deficit and very healthy. I think I have lost a few more pounds going lower into my BMI range.

The past week. ..I have experienced energy like never before. I mean I am cleaning out my closets without thought. okay? I do the dishes, wipe the counters in the kitchen before bed. Changing batteries out of electronics, organizing photos. Oh and hung a bunch of bird feeders on my trees real quick the other evening. I scoot around like a scrubbing bubble until bedtime. nuts! in a great way

do you think there is a sweet spot in our BMI range where we are at our physiological best? Is this recent loss beneath my previous goal weight my optimum weight?

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    This burst of energy is the most surprising thing about the weight loss. I knew I wanted to wear smaller clothes.. a belt.. all those things .. But I never dreamed I'd find a new found productive energy source. :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,007 Member
    Options
    This burst of energy is the most surprising thing about the weight loss. I knew I wanted to wear smaller clothes.. a belt.. all those things .. But I never dreamed I'd find a new found productive energy source. :)

YES, we can do so much more with our one, previous life!

I have had the same experience as you @elisa123gal, except for bird feeders!, but then I did too much, so I have now found a happy, active level! It’s so much more important to me than my dress size now :)))
    Congratulations!!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    yep... I went from snail to... Squirrel!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, and that "sweet spot" is always moving forward. The more weight I lost and the more I was able to incorporate exercise, the better I felt. Even now 2 years into maintenance, I've increased my exercise this summer and feel even better than before. Of course, if you "overdo" it for your body, you will go backwards.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Losing weight through setting a lower calorie goal took hard work and discipline to lose 68 pounds. Getting into shape took almost no discipline at all; I wanted to get out and do things, got hooked on SUP paddling and now it takes discipline to remember I have other things to do, like chores, in my spare time and can't go paddling every day that it's nice out. I just joined Planet Fitness because I want to be ready for spring and not lose a step when it gets chilly. The trainer I met with today told me I already was fit and trim when I said that was my goal. :smiley:

Same for me, lol. My choice of sport is cycling, and i have been told that all my free time is spent on a bike and I don't participate enough with chores. And energy levels are Incredibly high, btw. But the reality is, my spouse just can't keep up with me, hehe
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    For me energy bursts happen on days I have more than sufficient protein - I feel it must power up my muscles to just keep going :smile:

Its a great feeling having that feeling of boundless energy :smiley:
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have so much more energy since losing weight. No longer feel sluggish/lazy. It feels wonderful.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Totally agree, I find I no longer want to slob around at the weekend, I've even been known to wash the kitchen floor without moaning as it's a good workout 😂
    Also I'm more prepared to walk places rather than drive, much to the annoyance of the kids and husband!