Sorry if this grosses you out

As a runner, I don’t have the prettiest smoothest feet. I’m currently dealing with a super painful heel blister right now. Think it may be infected. I’ve been soaking it in epsom salt and wrapping it, but it’s even painful to put weight on. Any pointers or remedies??

Replies

• dhemp11
    dhemp11 Posts: 23 Member
    Sounds awful and painful! Drain it lol or just make sure to keep it bandaged ifnrunning and moisturized 😬. I’d check pharmacy too for an ointment
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited September 2018
    Spenco second skin. Better socks.

Infected? See a doctor
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    And taping your feet before running may also help
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,164 Member
    edited September 2018
    You can wash it and clean it up with betadine and then use Neosporine and a gauze to keep cover it and keep it clean. The Neosprine will help with the pain. And please wash and disinfect your running shoes as well.

But if you think that it may be infected, please see a doctor. He can recommend and oral or a topical antibiotic. Don't disregard any possibility of infection because you may regret it.

FYI
    https://www.blisterprevention.com.au/blister-blog/should-you-pop-a-blister-on-your-foot
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    I am going to put my vote into the see your doctor especially if you think it might be infected. You do not want an infection to get out of hand.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    I would see doctor only because if its infected.....extremities are to take seriously.
    You may have to lay off of running until you get a handle on this.

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Band Aid Blister Block (try saying that 3x in a row!) has always done the trick for me. Good luck!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2018
    tess5036 wrote: »
    And taping your feet before running may also help

This, paper tape around typical areas of redness/track marks & acrylic socks are good for preventing friction burns in the first place. Does not leave any adhesive markings even if you have sensitive skin

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    edited September 2018
    Infection: seek immediate medical attention!!!!! If an infection gets into your blood steam, that's called sepsis, that's when a simply infection can become very serious.

For future: better socks and shoes. Ill fitting running shoes can lead to a lot of foot problems with runners. Have your running shoes professionally fitted.

FYI: runners feet are not disgusting, I was a ballerina for years - dancers feet are hideous. Even after 25 years my feet still show the damage done (purely asthetic now, but still ugly AF).