Need friends for this journey

Options
I need friends. I hate how slow losing weight is.. I hate how emotional I get over a dumb number on the scale but I need to lose 30 lbs :(

My goal is to log for the next 30 days.

Add me please!

Replies

• igotmonbebevipX
    igotmonbebevipX Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I need friends. I hate how slow losing weight is.. I hate how emotional I get over a dumb number on the scale but I need to lose 30 lbs :(

My goal is to log for the next 30 days.

Add me please!
    Lol I just did a post looking for a friend. I’ll add you! I’m 240 looking to lose 40 for now, then more once I get to 199. I’m doing 1200 calories a day, I’m also on fitbit, we can be friends on there too! Can we accountability buddies?
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    This will sound corny but for this task you are your own best friend. But, two bits of advice-

1. Committing to the logging is good. You should also commit to reviewing your logging daily or weekly. Both to assess the quality of your food choices and to look for patterns.
    2. I recommend committing to a schedule for weighing- whether that's daily, semi-weekly or weekly doesn't matter. The more you do this, the more you start to see the number as just that- a number. A number that, over time, gives you helpful feedback. I would not go more than one week between weighing. And, like logging, I would follow that schedule regardless of all the reasons you might not like the answer. If you gather information only when you 'know' you'll like what you see, it becomes either useless or disappointing.
  • lytningbolts
    lytningbolts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m looking to lose about 20 lbs. I am starting on Sunday, Sept 23. I’m looking for support and encouragement and would love to provide that for others who are doing the same. I lost the weight five years ago and then gained it back over the last year due to becoming lazy about my workouts and food choices. I’m committed to logging my food daily and doing my workouts five days a week. We can do this!