Here We Go

Options
Well, here we go on another journey. As with many others, Ive started these journeys before, sometimes with some success and others with none. I’ve tried Nutrisystem, which worked great for a while, but once I went off of it all hell broke loose.

So about 3 weeks ago I realized I was only 2lbs away from hitting 300lbs. Panic set in, I couldn’t believe I had let myself get there. It’s time for a change. No fancy programs, nothing crazy, but time to really pay attention to what I’m putting inside me and what exercise I’m putting out.

I’ve had a membership to a pretty good local gym for about a year. I can honestly say I’ve been maybe 20 times before that. Time to change that as well.

3 weeks ago I committed to this. I’ve been to the gym 5 days a week so far, and staying active on the weekends as well. I play a lot of Disc Golf, which gets a lot of walking/hiking.

I have found the work week is the easiest for me to stay on track, however weekends are my struggle when it comes to food. That damned Taco Truck just down the street.

I look forward to this journey and have some goals in mind for about a year out. I want to start doing mud runs again, and am shooting for a Warrior Dash next fall. My younger son wants to do it too, so that’s a little extra push for me.

Should be a fun journey and look forward to taking it with all of you.

(Any typos are the fault of this phone, it has an evil personality and likes to try to embarrass me)

Replies