Please offer suggestions! Food diary open

Options
Please look at my food diary. I am trying to eat back my exercise cals....I am being so good. So frustrated. Got on the scales this morning and no change. I am about to rip my hair out.:sad:

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    On the whole, I think your diary looks pretty good. Just be patient. Weight loss is not linear. Some days/weeks/months you won't see a change, and some you will. Just keep plugging away at it and don't give up.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Looks ok to me.
    On high sodium days make sure you're getting enough water. Other than that I guess it's just patience. Have you been checking your measurements? You may be losing inches rather than weight.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Agree with the water intake. The more the better.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I would eat something for breakfast, rather than just a coffee.
  • NdigoBlue
    Options
    Take measurements also! Don't focus so much on the numbers. Look also at how your clothes are fitting. Also maybe try a protein shake in between meals to help keep full and WATER, WATER, WATER!! Also switch up and just eat leans and greens for a couple of days for lunch or dinner. Feel free to add me if you need motivation. It's a journey one day, one pound and one inch at a time.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Instead of those tostitos or any of that other non food eat a lot more fruit.. Thats just my opinion. If you get
    hungry eat fruit.... Try all different types. Also JJ Virgin a nutritionist says that one habit of thin people is to have
    a smoothie every morning.
    I do not see any exercise in your exercise diary.. walking at 3 miles an hour is just everyday living not exercise.
    Your heart rate should be elevated and you should at least sweat.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    More fruits and vegetables!
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Apart from tomatoes and lettuce, I don't see a lot of vegetables in your diet. You are depriving yourself of a lot of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. I would also suggest that you add more fruit, and wean yourself from the processed foods.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    More veggies, and more protein. I know you hit the MFP goal protein, but that is a very low setting and should be seen as a bare minimum. I would suggest aiming for a min of 100 grams
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    Add Fruits in the morning and veggies throughout the day
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    More veggies, and more protein. I know you hit the MFP goal protein, but that is a very low setting and should be seen as a bare minimum. I would suggest aiming for a min of 100 grams

This too
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Try having more to eat for breakfast rather than snacking late on in the day and drink plenty of water. Also take your measurements, not just bust, waist and hips but arms, wrists, neck, leg and just check them once a month, you will be surprised. From May to August I have lost 4" from my hips just through sticking to calories and walking at least 3-4 times a week totalling about 10-12 miles, this is without adding the steps I take throughout the day in general.

Don't give up - you must be feeling better in yourself and be able to see a difference in your clothes!! :smile:
  • iyerritsegan1
    Options
    is it possible that you could be over estimating your exercise? Are you using a HRM? you might find you're not burning as many calories as you'd thought.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    the only other suggestion I can offer is that since you are eating exercise calories, make sure you are not over estimating the burn. MFP tends to over estimate calorie burn in my opinion.
  • smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When I get stuck, I up my calories. Sounds counter-intuitive, I know...but it works. Up them to 1500 and see if that works. It's worked for me every time; I'm now up to 2000 calories and still losing :-)
  • 1802go
    1802go Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    if you want to see a change try .. lower your carbs not over 55g a day