Keto and calories burned (Fitbit)

Options
Good morning,

I know a lot of people don't agree with Keto...or with "eating back" calories... so this post may(hopefully) have a few good responses.

For those of you doing Keto...do any of you eat back your calories? If you do, how do you do it?

My original goal intake based on MFP was 1200kcal a day. After I plugged in the numbers on the Keto calculator, it brought it up to 1400kcal, 25g carbs, 89g protein and 105g of fat. Once I sync my Fitbit, I know those numbers will change.

Because I don't have the Premium MFP, I can only edit the percentages, not the grams, so every time I sync and I have burned calories, the numbers change.

Do you eat carbs based on the percentage(mine is 7% carbs) or based on the total amount of grams recommended?

Any tips would be appreciated!!

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    So I don't do keto, but wanted to get the ball rolling for you!

Whether you eat back your exercise calories or not doesn't depend on what way of eating you are following. The MFP calorie goal assumes you will log your exercise and eat back at least some of those calories. How much depends on how accurate the calorie burn number is, and how accurate your food logging is, so it takes some trial and error.

I believe that keto goes by grams of carbs rather than the percentage, but I'll let someone with keto experience handle whether some of the exercise cals should be carbs.

Good luck!