Hi Everyone

Options
My name is Viv I am a 65 year old male with very high cholesterol 11.5/ 3 weeks ago and the fat content in my blood 19.3. I have a Pacemaker and Diabetes 2 and circulation problems so I am a heart attack waiting to happen! Once the Doctor gave me my results it certainly motivated me into doing something about it.

So 3 weeks and 1 day ago I stopped smoking, I also have stopped taking sugar and now only drink soya or almond milk, I have also started using Quorn products trying to cut down on fat although at the moment I have not decided to become a vegetarian! I started using MFP 3 days ago and I also have the app and I am finding the information invaluable so wish me luck please and good luck to you all I am sure like me you want to die healthy.

PS my weight when weighed at the hospital 3 weeks ago was 97.5kg or 15 stone 4 lb. I will weigh next at my next appointment in November.

Replies

• paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Absolutely good luck, add me if you like, i'm 40 and was a heartbeat away from a Heart Attack and stroke (Type 2 hypertension) at any point back in February, but have completely changed things around with Diet and Exercise I was 111Kilo's (40% body fat) on February 22nd just 2 days b4 my 40th birthday, and as of last night i was 87.7 Kilo's - 27% body fat.

I cold turkey quit all junk food, cut back caffeine considerably, cut out flavoured drinks, cut back on sugar and saturated fats.
    I don't smoke tho i did smoke marijuana for almost a decade when i was in my 20's but have been clean for well over a decade.
    I rarely drink alchohol tho work in a wine bottling company lol

you don't need to be vegetarian, the body need meat for the muscles, just get a better ratio of meat, veggies, fruits and carbs
  • viv0147
    viv0147 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you Paul I am not sure how to add you maybe you can add me you appear to have done really well! This is all new to me but I am determined to succeed and any help and tips will be gratefully accepted Viv