9 months Whole Food Plant Based - 75lb loss

blackcatfitness
blackcatfitness Posts: 57 Member
edited October 2018 in Success Stories
I started my journey on a whole food plant based vegan diet back in January. I’m 5ft 4 and was over 200lbs. 220 to be exact.

I was depressed, anxious, nauseated and just overall felt awful, all the time.

Long story short, I cut out all the animal products, dairy, sugar, processed foods and 80% of all oils. I cook all my meals from scratch, am no longer depressed or nauseated. I truly have a new life.

Work hard, have fun and see amazing results!

[edited by MFP mods]

Replies

• maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Great job! What a difference, and am happy what you followed worked so well for you.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    edited October 2018
    Congratulations on your journey. You look great.

By the way, what do you think about those free meat ready meals? I can eat Linda McCartney's, Oumph! and the supermarket meat free range. However, Quorn makes me ill. I have tried three different Quorn products and got really sick for almost two days. Do you think they are very processed or do they use completely different ingredients from the other brands?

[edited by MFP mods]
  • blackcatfitness
    edited October 2018
    mmnv79 wrote: »

By the way, what do you think about those free meat ready meals? I can eat Linda McCartney's, Oumph! and the supermarket meat free range. However, Quorn makes me ill. I have tried three different Quorn products and got really sick for almost two days. Do you think they are very processed or do they use completely different ingredients from the other brands?

Thank you!

Unfortunately, those meat free prepackaged meals are processed. They contain too much oil for my liking but from time to time I enjoy a beyond beef burger from the local vegan restaurant.

[edited by MFP mods]
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited October 2018

Quorn uses mycoprotein, so it might be that making you sick. Haven't seen any other brands that use it.

[edited by MFP mods]
  • teacherchana
    teacherchana Posts: 43 Member
    Congratulations!
  • mmnv79
    Thank you!

Unfortunately, those meat free prepackaged meals are processed. They contain too much oil for my liking but from time to time I enjoy a beyond beef burger from the local vegan restaurant.

Thanks. That's what I though since as far as I know I am not allergic to anything. The first time I assumed that I had a stomach virus. But it's been three times with different products. Got seriously bloated and had nausea and cramps for two days. Never again.
  • blackcatfitness
    Thank you!

Thanks. That's what I though since as far as I know I am not allergic to anything. The first time I assumed that I had a stomach virus. But it's been three times with different products. Got seriously bloated and had nausea and cramps for two days. Never again.

Wow! I would definitely do some research on the ingredients and see if you can pin point what could have made you not feel well!
  • mmnv79
    Quorn uses mycoprotein, so it might be that making you sick. Haven't seen any other brands that use it.

That must be it then. I just Google searched and it seems I am not alone, a lot of people can't touch Quorn either. It's a pity because I liked the flavours.

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I do Gardein or Morning star if I need to get a quick something.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!