do i need to reach the maximum fat of the day?

Options
jrsgod
jrsgod Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2018 in Getting Started
i can eat 63g (fat), i need to beat 63 or near as possible, or how less i eat better it is?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    I view my fat goal as a minimum.
    For weight control, calories are what matters. Macro distributions are mainly a matter of personal preference, but you do need to get enough protein and fat. Beyond that, distribute your calories among the various macros as you see fit.
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    shivarii wrote: »
    the only minimum to be reached is omega 3
    Source?
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Whether you meet your fat goal or not will not affect your weight loss. You do need some dietary fat just to function, and many people (myself included) find that fat is filling and satisfying. Eating more of it helps us to eat less overall, while others may have the same reaction to eating a diet higher in protein or fiber. Trying out different macro breakdowns can help you find what works for you.

And no, no it is NOT “better if you don’t.” :|
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    What are your personal goals? Are these aesthetic? Are they performance based?

You need to know this if you're going to get a meaningful answer.

Recommended dietary fat is ~20%-35% depending on your goals (also considering any medical conditions).
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    otherwise you can basically eat no fat

Nope. To the original poster, please, please don't listen to this. The body needs fat. Aim for balanced macros but if they sway it's ok. If you're looking for weigh loss, calories are the most important thing to be watching. Balanced macros are jsut better nutritionally for your body.
  • 4Pop
    4Pop Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fats are also essential for mental health.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    there is a minimum that is recommended, though it is not necessarily the default MFP %.
    From WHO:
    hlc790qbudxm.png
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    (note that World Health Organization guidelines possibly may tend more toward staving off malnutrition in developing nations rather than what might be optimal ranges that are easily reached in regions where food access is not limited)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,068 Member
    Options
    hi!
    no you don't, and it's better if you don't :)
    the only minimum to be reached is omega 3 , it can be done by eating 20 grams of linseed daily.
    otherwise you can basically eat no fat (or one tablespoon of olive oil if you really eat no fat at all)

Fats are an essential nutrient. You have to eat some, or you'll be malnourished.

So no.

We can quibble about details, but I like 0.35-0.45 g per pound of healthy goal weight. Others will have different opinions, up a little or down a little. "No fat at all" is an inaccurate opinion, if you care about being healthy.
  • katie8e
    katie8e Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fats are super important for neurologic function and certain vitamin absorption! Just stick to the “healthy” kinds if fats.