Thinner, Leaner, Stronger

Options
Hi all, looking for a new weights routine and went to the usual "which weightlifting program is best for you thread". Looking at the Thinner, Leaner, Stronger does anyone know the split of it? I don't want to buy it if it's a 5-day split routine.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Buy it? Why not just use one of the millions of free ones?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    A quick Google search for "Thinner, Leaner, Stronger Workout" turned this up as one of the first results: https://www.jefit.com/routines/workout-routine-database.php?id=29639

Should at least give you an idea of what the program is like.

Another Google result turned up some ladies' discussion of the program on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/xxfitness/comments/88ry1v/ladies_who_have_done_thinner_leaner_stronger/
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Its been awhile, but I believe he recommends the 5-day split, but also provides 4 and 3-day split options.
  • climberbry
    climberbry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Highly recommend this book. The author knows his stuff. And yes, the splits can be tailored to fit your needs. He explains how.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    Hi all, looking for a new weights routine and went to the usual "which weightlifting program is best for you thread". Looking at the Thinner, Leaner, Stronger does anyone know the split of it? I don't want to buy it if it's a 5-day split routine.

You pay for the book and you get the three 3 workouts included in that price; 3 day, 4 day and 5 day. Each day is different, but it runs various splits. Every 8 weeks is a different split.

I have both TLS and BLS and they are good books. Mike Matthews is pretty on point with everything. Most of his research is backed by people like Brad Schoenfeld, Eric Helms, etc.