Ultimate Accountability Challenge(UAC)-October 2018

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
un2h00a43twg.png

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits. This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term and meaningless challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too! The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.
A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!
Join us here:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/128636-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2018

Replies

• RangerRickL
    6sadqf3w5ndm.jpg
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge encourages healthy habits and basic accountability. You can change your future by changing your habits.
    RangerRickL
    Join us here https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/128636-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2018
  • RangerRickL
    The new October Ultimate Accountability Challenge begins anew in just 4 days. See the information above for more details. We would love to have you join our team. It's a great and welcoming group.
    RangerRickL
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Although I run a different challenge, UAC is still my favourite.

By participating in UAC, I lost 25kg (50lbs) in 5 months, gone into full maintenance and kept the weight off for a further 12 months. I intend to be part of UAC for a long time.
    • UAC does not have weigh ins.
    • UAC does not not mandate exercise you cannot or do not want to do.
    • UAC is not competing against others.

What UAC is:
    • UAC is a fantastic community with daily discussion.
    • UAC builds healthy maintainable habits to manage your weight and your health.

Successful, long term, weight loss / weight management REQUIRES lifestyle adaption. Not diets. That is the core of UAC.

If you are looking for the BEST challenge on MFP. *** THIS IS IT ***

If you are SERIOUS about losing weight and intend to KEEP IT OFF, **FOREVER**. Then UAC is the challenge for you.

• dbhappy
    dbhappy Posts: 46 Member
    I joined the September challange as my first challange. It has proved to be the perfect motivation to keep pn track. Would definately recommend.
  • roma49
    roma49 Posts: 173 Member
    Joined the September challenge, it's the 1st time I've done it ~ would I do it again YES, go on get yourself involved
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 723 Member
    I did the challenge last year and lost 15 pounds, which was my goal. Then I left UAC, resorted to my old ways, and gained 6 lbs in 6 months. I recently rejoined, peeled off 2 pounds, and now have just 4lbs more to goal. I couldn't do this alone. This group has helped me so much, and I always learn new ways to look at things, fine tune my diet, and get my exercise in. The group is very helpful and there's always someone to answer questions, cheer you on, and reassure you when you go off track. Everyone is welcome.
  • RangerRickL
    @Anya_000
    @craigo3154
    @roma49
    @dbhappy
    Thanks so much for sharing your experience & enthusiasm for the UAC!!!
    RangerRickL
  • lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member
    I joined the challenge back in May and it has had a big impact on my results. I have lost weight, gone down in clothes sizes and gained strength and energy from working out. The accountability factor keeps me very motivated and the support of all the people and their wonderful posts keep me wanting to stick to my plan. I love this group and have no intention of quitting!
  • RangerRickL
    edited September 2018
    9pii2586yuac.jpg
    You can be in the UAC October Winner's Circle...join up with us today!!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/128636-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2018
    RangerRickL
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,970 Member
    6sadqf3w5ndm.jpg
    The Ultimate Accountability Challenge encourages healthy habits and basic accountability. You can change your future by changing your habits.
    RangerRickL
    Join us here https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/128636-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2018

^^ This!!
    I’ve been in UAC since April. I’m not exaggerating when I say UAC has changed my life. Try it! Such a supportive group with 3 simple habits that will insure your success!!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    I feel like one of the old timers on this challenge group. I pop in when my life allows, when I need the group they are there for me. I like the fact that no one gets the boot because life is messy . Life doesn't always go as planned.
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    I'm looking forward to joining in October! Been with UAC since February.

In 2013-2016, I had slowly/successfully lost and kept off 35 lbs. I hit a major plateau, even with another 30-40 to loose. Only half way to my goal, I was diligent about working out, eating clean most of the time, but not seeing meaningful progress.

I joined UAC in February of 2017. I thought it would be too hard, it seemed like such a huge demand or too extreme. But I knew I needed to shake something up if I wanted to loose the second half. The daily act if logging there wasn't as hard as I thought. The fact that even if you have a pass day every other day and still get to be a member was great for me.

Being accountable with UAC shed light on where I was detailing my efforts. Years of cheat meals and blowout weekends negated my hard work and sacrifice Monday - Friday and resulted in maintenance...which I considered a plateau! Even though I've used MFP for years, and tracked regularly, for some reason those derailments didn't click until I had to account for every day.

As of right now I still haven't made it into the winners circle. In late August I made the decision to try and loose 20 lbs before 2019. I know that the 3 daily habits of UAC hold the key... and it's working. For the first time in years I'm loosing again! And, September is looking like the first month I might actually make the winner's circle. My small steps of success, pound by pound, are credited to this daily group. I'm SO glad I went out if my comfort zone and joined!
  • Aloosu
    Aloosu Posts: 12 Member
    I am interested in joining for October, how do I go about doing so?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    edited September 2018
    @Aloosu you can touch any of the links in Ranger Ricks post and that will take you right there.☺
  • RangerRickL
    @Aloosu Here is the link that you need to join the UAC October team
    You'll be glad you did..https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/128636-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2018
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    I joined this group last November. It’s been a great experience for me striving to better myself with the help of other’s encouragement. I am a work in progress so it’s been good to have exercise as part of my daily routine. In the evening I always take time to log/post and read about how my friend’s day went. We laugh we struggle we carry on to meet our goals.
    A great group of folks to be a part of!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    What I learned from this group is it doesn't replace real life. You have to go out and live your life to it's fullest. Because on your death bed you are not going to think hmmm..... I would love another piece of chocolate cake, you are going to think of all the things you regret not doing and saying. Many of the people are true inspirations.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    I took a look at the "FAQ" thread and think I have the Rule1 figured out (below is a copy/paste from the FAQ page:

3. What counts as exercise?

Nearly all physical activity counts as exercise. That includes walking, cleaning your house, playing tag with the kids, walking your dog, etc. This doesn't mean you should do the bare minimum every day if you're capable of much more. If you want results, you have to challenge yourself, but for the purpose of the Ultimate Accountability Challenge, 20 minutes of any kind of exercise will suffice.

What I am wondering is: I have only been logging what I personally consider "traditional / real exercising" on the MFP Exercise diary eg my exercise bike and Wii exergame stats, just 'cause I don't have any other way to track or even "ball-park measure" things like steps through the day, HR monitor calories burned etc.

So on days that I don't get to do my stationary bike (for example) do the 20 minutes have to be continuous? Say I walk briskly 10 mins to a friend's house (1 km away) plus 10 mins back - or walk to the grocery store and back (closer, but would include more walking around the store and carrying the purchases back) And would these need to be logged into the exercise diary somehow?

And while typing this, I just thought .... but maybe I missed it in the FAQ thread .... does Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories mean before or after exercise calories are taken into account?

Say I have a daily MFP setting of 1300 target to eat / do 400 cals of biking / eat 1450 cals total so that my net calories won't be under 1000 .... is that a "YES" on eating to target or "NO / Pass needed" situation?

I am just the type who wants to confirms she is very clear on the rules both so that I don't give myself slack I shouldn't, but at the same time don't discourage myself by being unrealistically pedantic either.

I am leaning towards joining this challenge in order to help break last month's plateau, but would appreciate the clarity before committing.
  • RangerRickL
    @BMcC9 The answer to your question is that you determine how to spend your exercise calories. All members have their own discretion to determine if they want to 'eat their calories."
    For example: one member may be a triathlete...they are enormous calorie burners. If they usually add exercise calories to their basal metabolic rate.
    On the other hand, some members have their own formula, "I eat back 50% of my calories".
    Regardless, it's your decision. You make that rule.