What song are you listening to right now?

Options

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,021 Member
    Options
    All time favorite band. ❤️

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJbUGl8l0_s
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    Options
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
  • vollkornbloedchen
    Options
    Five Finger Death Punch - "Inside Out"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwroUDmB6wI
  • vollkornbloedchen
    Options
    Machine Head - "Circle The Drain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To_4s0WE8vo
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Stabbing Westward "Save Yourself", 80s band, but a new find. Interesting vid, ahead of its time. Great workout music. If you like NIN, you'll enjoy them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NZsCYOM4j0
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Stabbing Westward "Save Yourself", 80s band, but a new find. Interesting vid, ahead of its time. Great workout music. If you like NIN, you'll enjoy them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NZsCYOM4j0

This was the big one in the 90’s - was a fan back then but never heard anything outside wither blister burn and peel

https://youtu.be/VNsVpL8TDLA
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    @TarryTaffyTwo remember this very NIN sounding band

https://youtu.be/IUVheOwDM5I
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    @TarryTaffyTwo remember this very NIN sounding band

I don't know them, but thank you, you've given me a whole new catalogue to explore.

I do remember the other Stabbing Westward song you listed, but never knew who they were. So, once again, it's nice to have a new band to explore. :smile:
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    One of Corgan's finest imo

Good choice. I've always liked Courtney & play all her albums. I know most don't like her, but if I gave up listening to those who are a wee bit off kilter or less than stellar morally, then I'd have nothing to listen to... my whole catalogue of music is either filled with those who live life skirting the law or OD'd at some point.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

Good choice. I've always liked Courtney & play all her albums. I know most don't like her, but if I gave up listening to those who are a wee bit off kilter or less than stellar morally, then I'd have nothing to listen to... my whole catalogue of music is either filled with those who live life skirting the law or OD'd at some point.

Just curious tarry - as a music fan - what are your thoughts on Blind Melon??
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options

Hey CF... I'm only aware of their No Rain "bee girl" vid. Never cared for Shannon's voice & don't like that particular song, but I haven't heard anything else from them... so, I can't really say having heard just 1 song & I'll never explore their catalogue.

Honestly, once someone dies tragically during my lifetime, I just can't listen to them anymore. I'm a big grunge fan... even lived in Seattle at the time it was popular. But, once my faves started dropping like flies, mostly ODs & suicides, I can't hear them without feeling awful about how it ended for them.

Used to listen to Nirvana & Alice in Chains daily & STP regularly. Now their songs/vids/interviews make me feel sad, so I never listen/watch. I've had discussions with others about it & none agree cuz they just like the music. Maybe I'm just too sensitive.

Do you like Melon?
  • cowsfan12
    Options

Hey CF... I'm only aware of their No Rain "bee girl" vid. Never cared for Shannon's voice & don't like that particular song, but I haven't heard anything else from them... so, I can't really say having heard just 1 song & I'll never explore their catalogue.

Honestly, once someone dies tragically during my lifetime, I just can't listen to them anymore. I'm a big grunge fan... even lived in Seattle at the time it was popular. But, once my faves started dropping like flies, mostly ODs & suicides, I can't hear them without feeling awful about how it ended for them.

Used to listen to Nirvana & Alice in Chains daily & STP regularly. Now their songs/vids/interviews make me feel sad, so I never listen/watch. I've had discussions with others about it & none agree cuz they just like the music. Maybe I'm just too sensitive.

Do you like Melon?

Yup - fav band of all time hands down- most underrated band of the 90’s imo - so much more than a one hit wonder - I didn’t become a huge fan til after Shannon passed though 🤷‍♂️ - they seemed to buck the grunge trend of the 90’s I thought and had more of 70’s classic rock vibe - I always ask other music fans their thoughts on melon - I find other insights interesting
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options

Do you like Melon?

Yup - fav band of all time hands down- most underrated band of the 90’s imo - so much more than a one hit wonder - I didn’t become a huge fan til after Shannon passed though 🤷‍♂️ - they seemed to buck the grunge trend of the 90’s I thought and had more of 70’s classic rock vibe - I always ask other music fans their thoughts on melon - I find other insights interesting

I'll give them a listen. I don't care for that 70s classic rock sound, but since we like similar music otherwise, I may be surprised. :smile:
  • cowsfan12
    Options

Do you like Melon?

I'll give them a listen. I don't care for that 70s classic rock sound, but since we like similar music otherwise, I may be surprised. :smile:

Start with the nico album - it’s what got me hooked

https://youtu.be/lec_LszFoT4
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    One more from that album

https://youtu.be/r33VvWPJ_k4
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member