2,000 Calories per MFP and not losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• climberbry
    climberbry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with Michael Matthews. Think in terms of "cheat MEAL" and not "cheat DAYS".
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Op - the biggest issue i saw with your diary were all the entries for .5 service; 1/4 of a loaf etc....recommend finding entries that are weight based and then weighing food
  • fjm0534
    fjm0534 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a food scale, I use the food scale, it measures in grams, even.....but when I can't use the food scale I use the database. The database isn't very accurate so I tweaked the calories per day. It is working for me. So, in this case, adjusting my calorie goal is working and it can work for others in this same situation.

This is why I took a moment to post this, so that others might benefit from it.

Thanks for your concern, I am sure it was well placed.
  • wmd1979
    wmd1979 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    fjm0534 wrote: »
    I have a food scale, I use the food scale, it measures in grams, even.....but when I can't use the food scale I use the database. The database isn't very accurate so I tweaked the calories per day. It is working for me. So, in this case, adjusting my calorie goal is working and it can work for others in this same situation.

This is why I took a moment to post this, so that others might benefit from it.

Thanks for your concern, I am sure it was well placed.

But you only adjusted your calorie goal by 100 calories a day which would work out to 1/5 of a pound a week difference. That in itself wouldn't account for the fact that you are now losing weight, and that doesn't fix your problem. Its not that the database isn't very accurate, it is that you aren't being very accurate and that is what people are trying to tell you. Your estimates may have been a bit more accurate in the last couple of weeks, but that is not always going to be the case.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there will be some who disagree, but I think age is also a factor. Personally, my metabolism has slowed. (Yes, I know - not true for everyone but very true for me.)

At 58 I have to be super tight and accurate in weighing and logging to stay in a deficit. One restaurant "blow-out" meal can ruin a whole week for me of eating in a deficit. Basically, pushing me over for the week and I'll stay the same or even have a slight gain. When I was younger I could have cheat days or meals fairly often and still lose or at least maintain. Those days are gone.

Exercise has been the game changer for me. Bottom line, working out allows me to eat more, got out to restaurants, have drinks and enjoy life while still staying in the weight loss game.

Good luck!