No more excuses

Options
Hello. I have over 100 pounds to lose and feels very overwhelming. Seems like a blur how I got here but I have to make changes for me and my family.
I would love some advice. I often start and get overwhelmed by making things too complicated. I find it difficult to keep meals simple for myself and easy to track when I have kids and a husband that do not have weight issues and not a fan of what I am eating. Anyone have similar situation or advice? Maybe meal prepping?

Replies

• conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Meal prepping has been my best strategy. I don't mind eating the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch, so I make up a bunch of breakfast sandwiches (high protein english muffin, 1 egg, 1 oz cheese, slice of canadian bacon) for breakfast and mason jar salads for lunch. I roast chicken and salmon (or whatever meats I choose) and put them in containers with quinoa or brown rice and frozen veggies for dinners. If I do all of that on the weekend, then my meals are taken care of and I can still cook for the family during the week.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    @kellymcadams
    1. You didn't gain it overnight, don't expect to lose it overnight.
    2. Forget about 100lbs...focus on losing your first 10. (Kind of like if you were driving cross country...thinking about the whole journey would be overwhelming but if you just drive and take it 1 hour, 1 highway at a time, you'll get there.)
    3. Learn to focus on the ACTIONS, not the RESULTS. Getting steps in, taking the stairs, choosing lean meats and veggies when eating out, meal prepping, trying a workout. Do that, you'll learn to love it and the results will come. Focusing on results will be stressful and disheartening at times.
    4. Don't use the scale as your only measure. How clothes fit, pictures, etc are much better. The scale is only one method and doesn't tell the whole story.
    5. Add @Lipstick_n_lunges as a friend. She's done what you want to do. (Hope that's ok Kristina!!!)

Good luck and if you want this, you can have it.
  • kellymcadams
    kellymcadams Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Meal prepping has been my best strategy. I don't mind eating the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch, so I make up a bunch of breakfast sandwiches (high protein english muffin, 1 egg, 1 oz cheese, slice of canadian bacon) for breakfast and mason jar salads for lunch. I roast chicken and salmon (or whatever meats I choose) and put them in containers with quinoa or brown rice and frozen veggies for dinners. If I do all of that on the weekend, then my meals are taken care of and I can still cook for the family during the week.

Thanks so much! That’s what I was thinking. I think if I’m a creature of habit until I get used to everything that will work best for me.

• kellymcadams
    kellymcadams Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    @kellymcadams
    1. You didn't gain it overnight, don't expect to lose it overnight.
    2. Forget about 100lbs...focus on losing your first 10. (Kind of like if you were driving cross country...thinking about the whole journey would be overwhelming but if you just drive and take it 1 hour, 1 highway at a time, you'll get there.)
    3. Learn to focus on the ACTIONS, not the RESULTS. Getting steps in, taking the stairs, choosing lean meats and veggies when eating out, meal prepping, trying a workout. Do that, you'll learn to love it and the results will come. Focusing on results will be stressful and disheartening at times.
    4. Don't use the scale as your only measure. How clothes fit, pictures, etc are much better. The scale is only one method and doesn't tell the whole story.
    5. Add @Lipstick_n_lunges as a friend. She's done what you want to do. (Hope that's ok Kristina!!!)

Good luck and if you want this, you can have it.

Very good advice and very motivational. Thank you so much!