Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best Childhood Memory/Memories

This post is just for fun. A place where we can share awesome memories that make us smile and laugh. You are more than welcome to share.

For me, Family Dinners on weekends at my grandparents home were the best; playing with cousins, eating great foods, goodies, and homemade ice cream; trying to listen to the grownups gossip but getting run off, and dancing with all of the cousins for the grownups after we’d all eaten. The worst part was, listening to my grandmother telling all of us kids to “GET IN YONDER!” (a large room where the kids hung out mainly during the winter months). We hated “Yonder!” Couldn’t wait to grow up to sit at the grownup tables.

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Ice cream trucks, public pools, camp, playing outside until the street lights came on, sleepovers, bday parties, ice skating, sledding.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    75x95a1hob9n.jpeg
    zlqxbp95mdis.jpeg
    oru0jori3qf2.jpeg
  • Jboogieonthefloor
    Jboogieonthefloor Posts: 146 Member
    I remember one of my favorite parts of my childhood was watching sitcoms like Boy Meets World, Moesha, Full House, and Sister, Sister with my older sister. We knew all the lyrics to the Sister, Sister theme song and even had a little dance choreographed to go with it.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    0kjj1tl6ktqw.jpeg
    48ya92f4halo.jpeg
    sz4cglfnmnks.jpeg
    lp92gczzim4k.jpeg
    zca0qotqgr1j.png
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    This time of year reminds me of walking to school. I started walking to school by myself around first grade. I would look for things on my path such as patterns in the cracks on the pavement, graffiti, and cool spiderwebs. It took me about 15 minutes to walk to my school but those 15 were filled with such wonder. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to reflect on a piece of my childhood that is dear to my heart.

I really really dig this.
  • I love reading all of your wonderful memories! ❤️🌹
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited October 2018
    For fun ....

It would have to be when I was looking after my brother .... His school had gotten to the 1st 15's rugby finals against the school both my sister and I had attended previously. There were a lot of brawls all over the City between the two schools. In my attempt to prevent my baby brother from getting into trouble, I bought 100 dozen eggs. Transported them to his school. Taught them how to turn them rotten throughout the day on their cricket pitch to pelt at the rival school as they passed by and parked.

It worked. My brother had fun. He didn't punch anyone. Punctured rotten eggs smell, they don't hurt the target. Win-win!

Day 2 ... Pee water balloon. bombs + rotten eggs. I was such a good big sister.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,857 Member
    I remember spending summers and school holidays at my grandparents' house. They lived in the middle of nowhere with a lot of land. We'd stay out late with our cousin's playing hide and seek which was so much better since there were no street lights.

I also remember how scary it could be to hide behind the barn and hear cows going "moo" in the pitch black because it sounded like men telling you to "mooove."
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Going to work with my Dad and seeing how much people repsected him
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Going to London to visit family. My cousins and I would play soccer/football in the parks all day.
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    edited October 2018
    we had family friends who had a cabin in the Whiteshell that was huge but rustic, no indoor plumbing/ no heat/definitely an outhouse in the back property. we had to go get water from a pump down the road. no tv but they did have a radio. occasionally bears roamed around but there were never any incidents. quiet and peaceful, except when the adults started drinking in the afternoon - *then there was just a LOT of laughter* ;)

i was around 11 when we started going out there. i loved it when we'd get invited to go to their place, because there was a family down the road that had three kids very close to my age, two boys and a girl. i'd go call on them and we'd go on adventures all day. the only thing we were told was to *not let it get too dark*, but we'd be gone from after breakfast time till mid afternoon.

we'd sing camp songs like *100 bottles of beer on the wall* and *land of the silver birch* etc, while we'd balance on the railroad tracks,watch the clouds go by, saying what the shapes meant to us. we'd make wild flower wreathes for each other, joke, poke ant hills with sticks, identify birds by their song. there was a fox we often saw who would watch us warily from afar, *and of course we called him Foxy *

by the time we came home, we were all tired and ready for a swim. i'd go back to the cabin we stayed at, where my mom would make me something to eat, and changed in my bathing suit. i'd run down the road to their cabin to call on them, and we'd go swimming until diner time .we'd brace ourselves to go in the forever freezing water, and when our lips turned blue, we'd lie on the rocks to warm up and do it all again.

those kids were like my away from home siblings, as i was an only child. it was a natural and innocent bond we shared.those are times i'll never forget.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    When I was 5 years old (and an only child in a new neighborhood ), I asked my mom to play a game of tackle football with me in the backyard.

She tried running a sweep.
    I was having none of it.

.... she never played again.