You know you wear your hair up a majority of the time when....

Options
kds10
kds10 Posts: 452 Member
the one day you wear it down everyone at work comments about it and if I did something different to my hair?? Umm yes I did....it is not tied back or in a loose bun:)

Replies

• brotato_chip7
    brotato_chip7 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • kds10
    Options
    you can't see or breath when that shiit is freeballing it all over your head...

LOL...I am so used to wearing it up andout of the way that I prefer it like that and it feels weird to have it down. I never wear it down at home...I would have hair all over the place yuck! I guess I should attempt to wear it loose and down at least once a week just to avoid all the comments.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I was going in for my c-section and tied my hair up. The doctor looked at me and said, "since when do you wear glasses?"... Um, since before I knew you? Apparently my glasses become invisible when my hair is down 🤓😎
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    * When you don't need a coat, you just let your hair down because it keeps you warm like a shawl.
    * When it gets too sunny, and you don't have your hat or an umbrella, you let your hair down ... Instant shade & sunscreen.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    k8eekins wrote: »
    You know you wear your hair up a majority of the time when ....

You leave it down and they all want to touch it, saying "Can I touch it?" when they're already helping themselves to touching it.

Or when they touch your hair and ask, " can you feel this ?" Like hullo, it grows out of my scalp.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    You know you wear your hair up a majority of the time when ....

You leave it down and they all want to touch it, saying "Can I touch it?" when they're already helping themselves to touching it.

Or when they touch your hair and ask, " can you feel this ?" Like hullo, it grows out of my scalp.

I prefer what I get to what you get - "I just want to sneak up behind you and cut it off, so I can have a ponytail." Comments I get aren't ever as close to the violence you get about your hair. They just touch mine. Full stop.
  • kds10
    Options
    you wear your hair down and a client asks you if it is your birthday because your hair looks so nice...true story :/

Haha exactly!

I must look like crap when it is up because people keep saying my hair looks nice. Well don't get too used to it people once per week at the most! I prefer it up and out of the way.

I only wash my hair twice per week as it is dry and thick and because I work out thru the week it gets more puffy and frizzy so best to keep it up and out of the way. Regardless my hair is a pain in the *kitten*...I have to straighten it as that smooths it and keeps it de-pouffed. If I had the guts I would love to go short.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Options
    kds10 wrote: »
    you wear your hair down and a client asks you if it is your birthday because your hair looks so nice...true story :/

Haha exactly!

I must look like crap
    when it is up because people keep saying my hair looks nice. Well don't get too used to it people once per week at the most! I prefer it up and out of the way.

I only wash my hair twice per week as it is dry and thick and because I work out thru the week it gets more puffy and frizzy so best to keep it up and out of the way. Regardless my hair is a pain in the *kitten*...I have to straighten it as that smooths it and keeps it de-pouffed. If I had the guts I would love to go short.

My thoughts exactly. Combing my hair out after a day at the beach in my beach tent , some friends were rather loud saying, " you're so beautiful with your hair down." My reply was, " oh thanks, so I'm ugly with it up!?!" :laugh:
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Options
    When people think that letting your hair down is as simple as removing your hair tie , plaits and combing it through with your fingers. Ummmm no! It's a production getting this mane to behave.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I've always worn my hair down.

About 1.75 inches.
  • kds10
    Options
    When people think that letting your hair down is as simple as removing your hair tie , plaits and combing it through with your fingers. Ummmm no! It's a production getting this mane to behave.

I wish:( I would love to have hair that I could just wash and go! I love the beach wave look and would love to have hair that looked great wet or dry.
  • k8eekins
    Options
    ... When you have to regularly declog your own shower drain. Long hair messes with the flow haha
  • kds10
    Options
    Any tips on any great products that you all use for "thicker prone to frizz" hair?
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

I wish:( I would love to have hair that I could just wash and go! I love the beach wave look and would love to have hair that looked great wet or dry.

In the US, my hair is passable wet, because it starts to curl up ( loose body waves) and I could run my comb through it, as it looks naturally layered ... Dry? Nope! A frizzy mess. I could wear it in the Pacific dry ... They think it's the way to wear it, not bogged down or or ccontrolled with hair products. It's hellish to comb out later though.

• 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Any tips on any great products that you all use for "thicker prone to frizz" hair?

Mixed chicks leave in conditioner. Only if you want to wear it curly. Works well as a detangler too.

And Sebastian's Sublimate. I love many of their products.

For straight and long @SurfyPantsAgainAgain
  • k8eekins
    Options

I'd tried Paul Mitchell products for some years, only that I now prefer
    • Any anti-frizz, damaged hair repairing leave-in hair conditioner + detangling spray on the daily (low maintenance)
    • Product recommendation: Hot Tresses (Conditioner & Leave-in), Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla (Leave-in), Mixed Chicks (Detangler)

I disfavour
    • Hair spray
    • Hair gel
    • Mousse
    • Hair oils unless they're part of the weekly hair/scalp intensive treatment

I tolerate
    • Pomades like John Masters Organics depending on the humidity
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    ... When you have to regularly declog your own shower drain. Long hair messes with the flow haha

Omg yesssss
    Have a few bottles of draino on deck