Today I realized I gained 31 lbs in 5 months and I have 86lbs to lose, my comeback story has started

Options
First, ADD me. The more friends the better! I need support. More details below.

My first full day back on MFP was last Friday (9/21) and I've logged everything since and killed it at the gym the last two days.

Today, I weighed in and decided to look back of how I had gained back my weight over the course of the last 6 years and this is what I found.

'12-'13 = 16lbs +
13'-14' = 12lbs +
14'-15' = 7lbs +
15'-16' = 18lbs+
16'-17' = (-2lbs) a guess a good year ;)
17'-18' = 34lbs+ !!!!!
*Aug17-Jan18 I gained 31lbs alone.

This was my story but now my comeback story has began. If you want mutual accountability, support and motivation fuel...ADD me.

Replies

• lytningbolts
    lytningbolts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Justin, you got this. You’re going to feel amazing and healthy at the end of this journey.
  • ballroomdancer150
    Options
    I remember the day I realized I gained all my weight back plus some. I was at 402. I just started MFP, but I’m not new to weight loss. I am 1.6 pounds away from 100 gone.

You got this! You can get back to where you want to be.

I’ve learned I have to enjoy the ride along the journey of losing weight. Enjoy each day as a new beginning and another day to meet goals.
  • StarBright147
    StarBright147 Posts: 26 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You can do it, Justin.
  • scalebeater
    scalebeater Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in about the same place .. it's been a rough year! Hang in there :)
  • kfly44244
    kfly44244 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of coming back as well. We can do this! I'd be happy to friend you :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You know what to do and how to do it :smile:

I recently calculated out my 40 pound gain over ~4 years. It came out to less than 100 calories over maintenance per day. It's sobering to see how easy it is to slip back (Which is why so many of us do!)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

I recently calculated out my 40 pound gain over ~4 years. It came out to less than 100 calories over maintenance per day. It's sobering to see how easy it is to slip back (Which is why so many of us do!)

Not trying to be a kitten hole, but unfortunately the math does not always add up. What I, and many people, fail to take into account is, for every 10lbs you gain, your tdee goes up 70-100 calories. Some from added muscle and some from just being heavier and having to carry the weight around. Crazy stuff to think about the math.... lol
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

Not trying to be a kitten hole, but unfortunately the math does not always add up. What I, and many people, fail to take into account is, for every 10lbs you gain, your tdee goes up 70-100 calories. Some from added muscle and some from just being heavier and having to carry the weight around. Crazy stuff to think about the math.... lol

Yeah, but it's still xx calories above maintenance :smile: It's your maintenance number that is moving. As a small(ish) shorty ( :sad: ) I know that all too well!

ETA At my heaviest and assuming 100 calorie increase in TDEE per 10 pounds, I'd have been eating roughly 400 calories more per day to maintain. I probably drank those in Dr. Pepper every day!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

Yeah, but it's still xx calories above maintenance :smile: It's your maintenance number that is moving. As a small(ish) shorty ( :sad: ) I know that all too well!

ETA At my heaviest and assuming 100 calorie increase in TDEE per 10 pounds, I'd have been eating roughly 400 calories more per day to maintain. I probably drank those in Dr. Pepper every day!

I like my diet dp.. never did care for the full flavor, but damn it... I miss my code red!
  • lady4kazuya
    lady4kazuya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to come back too. I’d like to be friends with you as well... I’m not sure how to friend ppl on the app. I tried but I don’t think I was successful 🤔
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options

So, the numbers may be a bit fuzzy, but the message is crystal clear. Which is it doesn't take much to go from 'loss mode' to 'maintenance mode' to 'put on the pounds mode'. Even just gaining 2-4 pounds per year adds 30 pounds per decade.

• kmyst1
    kmyst1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You got this! Friending you.
  • nvrgvup12
    nvrgvup12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Starting my comeback story today!!! Changes start today. I sent you a request!
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I understand. I've been on the roller coaster a long time. I lost a ton of weight, gained 60% of it back over the course of 3 years and now have spent the last 18 months chipping away at it again. It takes a plan, dedication and patience. You can do it!
  • dlynne1024
    dlynne1024 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Justin, how goes the comeback?
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    dlynne1024 wrote: »
    Justin, how goes the comeback?

I'm basically a week in and down 2lbs. I didn't log over the weekend but I'm right back at it today. Still writing my story.

Thanks for asking