Heel Pain after Running

Options
Hi all, I am experiencing pain in the heel after running, or playing soccer.
It stays for several days.
Any help?

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Achilles tendonitis?
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    How old are your shoes?
    How do your shoes fit?
    This happened to me and was plantar fasciitis
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My shoes are like 2 years old, and they fit ok I guess.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I'd start with new shoes. 2 years old is pretty old. Get some good runners and I bet you will notice a difference. If you use your shoes a lot then you need to replace them a lot. Believe me I have learned this the painful way :)
  • acarmelo1
    Options
    I will try that, will buy some new shoes.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I'd try that before going to a dr. Also stretch your calf muscles. Plantar Faciitis is super common and you feel it in your heel. I felt it all up my achiles. If you can loosen your calf muscles up a bit it will help if that's what is going on
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    How often are you running?
    How often are you playing soccer?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    acarmelo1 wrote: »
    Any help?

What do you mean by "in the heel"?

Can you describe the pain in more detail? Do you mean in the ball, or an ache at the back, of slightly above the heel itself?

With respect to shoes, are you wearing the same shoes for running and football?
  • acarmelo1
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    How often are you running?
    How often are you playing soccer?

2 times per week, for about 30 mins
  • acarmelo1
    Options
    Any help?

Can you describe the pain in more detail? Do you mean in the ball, or an ache at the back, of slightly above the heel itself?

I can only describe it like in the bone, is not a muscular pain, more like directly en the ball area of the feet.

Well to play soccer I use, soccer shoes does with the spikes, but they where really cheap, and for running I have 2 year old nike running shoes.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Might want to get it checked. Might be the start of a stress fracture
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Running shoes need to be replaced every 300 miles or so. That could translate to every 3 months, depending on your activity level.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Any help?

I can only describe it like in the bone, is not a muscular pain, more like directly en the ball area of the feet.

Well to play soccer I use, soccer shoes does with the spikes, but they where really cheap, and for running I have 2 year old nike running shoes.

I'd suggest a medical referral.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Is the pain sharper in the morning? Is there more pain when you tread on the heel or is it general pain all the time? Do you stretch after activity?