Treadmill vs Outside Walking

Options
Which is actually better to use as exercise? I'm thinking outside, and starting to not trust my treadmill. A week or so ago I was forced outside for my walks/short jogs because of guests in the basement/gym. I was using Runkeeper which was accurate on distance, as I was doing my workouts on a marked walkway and it was matching up. According to it (and general math since it kept track of time while exercising) I was able to do 2 miles in just under 30 minutes, that's with a bit of jogging, but not a lot, and some hills. According to its calorie burn I was burning a lot more than my treadmill ever says I do and I felt good after doing it.

As for the treadmill I can do a walk/jog combo doing 3.5 mph walking, jogging at 5mph for 3 separate minute durations and not be able to hit under 30 minutes for 2 miles, and that is on the flat no hills! Generally I feel more worn out after doing the treadmill as well.

When I'm outside Runkeeper says I'm about 3.7mph on average, yet if I try that on the treadmill I feel like I'm really pushing my limits. Why is this? Probably going to switch to outside once the summer heat breaks some, me and heat/humidity don't get a long well at all, I got lucky that week I couldn't use my treadmill.

Any ideas?