Female "issues" while Dieting

Options
When I started MFP at the end of June I had lost a few pounds already, but still had about 20 more to go. I was hoping to hit a mini goal of 150 by Aug 17 (currently 157, was 160 at end of June, right after my time of month) The first few pounds fell off easy, once I started working out it stopped and I even gained some back (I think I may have been under eating, tried to hit 1200 usually came in under, plus the workouts left the body short.) I kept at it for the month of July (increasing calories to 1420 and not eating back workout calories, generally burning about 150 cal a day), frustrated to see the scale bounce between 159 and 162 most of the month. Then I got my time of the month kept working out and dropped to 156. I eat the same thing (almost literally) everyday time of the month or not. Why does it seem like I only lose during that time of the month? Don't most people complain of GAINING during that week?

Yes I know I'm not going to hit my mini goal and ticks me off, but its just more frustrating that I try all month long and can only lose 7 out of 30 days. Generally walking with some days of walk/jog 5-6 times a week for about 30 minutes a day, added in a 2nd 30 minute exercise bike routine this week to try boost it but finished last week at 156 (end of monthly visit) and am back up to 157 today :/ I know that last 15/20 is the hardest, and it seems like all the weight I am losing is in my face and chest and I really want to lose the rest of the stomach hence the walking which is how I lost the original 65 I lost starting about a year and a half ago!

I guess this is more of vent, but any ideas on how to not just lose 1 week a month?

Replies

• Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I have my biggest losses during or right after my time of the month as well. As gross as this may sound, I'm assuming part of it is the amount you "shed" during the week, as well as water weight that most women retain the week leading up to their period.

If you are gaining it back, it's most likely that you are losing water weight that week, not fat.

I'm no expert, though!