G'day from Brisbane Australia

Options
Hope everyone is doing well on their health journeys.

I have struggled with emotional eating and being overweight since I was a kid. I've always remained active but I am a cook so I love, love, love to cook and try new things. Finally hit rock bottom this past Jan when on a trip back from the US (I'm originally a yank) I couldn't get the seat belt on and pretended I had it on. Pretty low. Combine that with looking at the end of my 30s, I knew for myself, my wife, and my kids, something needed to be done.

I thought I was about 160 kilos (About 350lbs) but to my shock, I was way to close to 190 (418lbs). I have a team of medical professionals looking after me now (gotta love Australian health care) with my GP, an Endocrinologist, Exercise Physiologist, Dietitian, and a Psychiatrist to help me get it through my thick skull.

Since Feb, I've been hitting the gym at least five times a week and watching what I eat. I'm happily down to 157 (346lbs) but I want to get down to 125 (275lbs). I'm starting to feel the bad habit demons poke in and start to hinder my progress. So instead of starting to spiral down, I decided to get myfitnesspal and come on here so that hopefully I can get help and help others on their health journys.

Talk to you all soon.

Cheers,

Scott

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Hi Mr Scott :) at first I was thinking what a cool name Mrs Cotta was! G'day and well done so far to you! Glad to have you. There are pinned posts at the top of each forum category that can be quite helpful. You'll find some great expertise, motivation and support here. You also find just enough whacked out crazy to keep things interesting LOL.

Good luck on your goals.
  • RonyMack
    RonyMack Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Ah, beautiful Brisbane. I remember when...oh wait, I've never been to Brisbane. But I I've seen pictures. It's beautiful.
    Anywhoo, welcome to MFP! :)
  • mrscottablack
    mrscottablack Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Brisbane is quite nice. I'm originally from Vermont in the US...so it took some time to get used to the heat, but now I wouldn't rather be anywhere else.

Mrs Cotta Black has got to be the name of a pet now. Already named my daughter six years ago...so that's out ;)