Running in the rain

Options
So yesterday it showered a bit. No problem, right? That's what I thought. I wear glasses, and I could NOT SEE. I'm going to try a baseball cap tomorrow to find out if that helps, as it's calling for rain again.

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    The ball cap works, for the most part. If there's a driving rain, you will get drops on the glasses, but they shouldn't be so bad that you can't see. I ran Boston in all day driving rain and I was fine. Today it rained for half my run and the cap protected my glasses enough that I was able to see. When the rain stopped though, they fogged up with all the humidity, but that is easily wiped away.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the ball cap (isn’t protecting glasses from rain what ball caps were invented for?). If you have an old pair of glasses that still work for you, you could also experiment with those water-shed coatings for car windshields (e. g., RainX (sp.?)), but that might mess up any other coatings (anti/glare, etc.) so you might not want to try it with your “real” glasses.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Are contacts out of the question?
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Goggles. :)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Visor. And use baby shampoo to stop them fogging up. works for a few days.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    So, update: Wore the ball cap this morning. I think it helped, but it's hard to tell, as the forecast shifted from "rain" to "scattered thunderstorms" and I managed to squeeze my run in between most of the scattering. So I got a little dripped on, but not much. I think it did help though.

I have contacts, but I run stupid early in the morning and am all kinds of bleary. It's pretty much roll out of bed, use the restroom, put shoes on, grab music, out the door. Attempting to put contacts in would really slow me down and might even be dangerous at that hour! ;D

Thanks all!
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I’ve used a baseball cap with success but more often than not I’ll just take my glasses off as I can see well enough without them for where I go for my morning walk. When it’s cold enough that I need to wear a face mask, can’t wear them either as they fog up so much I can see better without them. I’ve tried several things to keep that from happening but without much success.