Can't lose weight

Options
Hey guys how are ya? Hope fine. You see, I've been doing exersise since three weeks ago, three or four days a week, I've been running and using the stationary bicycle, with some stretches to mark my waist. The problem is, I haven't lose a pound since then! Not even one, I think I even gain, and I'm not eating too much either! I'm desperate! The problem is I'm taking this pills for anxiety and depression and I wonder if is that or if I'm retaining water because I have three months without having my period (no, I'm not pregnant). So what do you guys think I should do? Should I go to a doctor to see if I'm retaining water? Or what could I do? Is it normal? I mean I'm not that skinny even when I look like I am not over weight too much, but I am and I hear people with too much weight lose weight faster, so what should I do? I am drinking water and everything, but I'm obsessing about it. Please help!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nerva0729 wrote: »
    Hey guys how are ya? Hope fine. You see, I've been doing exersise since three weeks ago, three or four days a week, I've been running and using the stationary bicycle, with some stretches to mark my waist. The problem is, I haven't lose a pound since then! Not even one, I think I even gain, and I'm not eating too much either! I'm desperate! The problem is I'm taking this pills for anxiety and depression and I wonder if is that or if I'm retaining water because I have three months without having my period (no, I'm not pregnant). So what do you guys think I should do? Should I go to a doctor to see if I'm retaining water? Or what could I do? Is it normal? I mean I'm not that skinny even when I look like I am not over weight too much, but I am and I hear people with too much weight lose weight faster, so what should I do? I am drinking water and everything, but I'm obsessing about it. Please help!!

sounds like water weight.

is it normal for you to skip your period for months at a time?
  • Strengthcamp001
    Strengthcamp001 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    maybe you can share your diary with us so we can know whats going on.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    Is it normal for you to miss your period for three months in a row? Do you know why it happens?

Many women literally only have a few days where water weight is not affecting their scale weight. And water weight associated with the reproductive cycle could be as little as 2 or 3lbs, or as high as 6 to 8lbs, or even more in certain extreme cases!

So I would suggest that if you have never kept track of your weight for an extended period of time, you need a good six weeks of data in a trending weight application before you can even start seeing your underlying weight change pattern.

At the end of the day you do need to figure out the three month thing first, and take into consideration whether it is affecting the numbers you see.

Also most drugs come with a list of potential side effects that you can examine.

You may need to research if your particular drug tends to cause weight gain because it increases your appetite (that's something you may be able to mitigate with good logging practices and personal effort) or if it causes weight gain because of water retention, in which case your mitigation options are very limited. Assuming, of course, that weight related side effects are associated with the drug in question.

And your doctor is probably the one person who can best consult with you and address the above questions!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Hello @nerva0729 It's not normal to go 3 months without a mense while not pregnant. See a doctor.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    First, you don’t mention anything about how many calories you are eating. Weight loss only happens when you’re consistently eating fewer calories than your body uses. Exercise does not cause weight loss unless it puts you in a calorie deficit. You can ensure a calorie deficit by weighing and logging all your food, and not exceeding your calorie goal.

Second, if you don’t know why your periods have stopped, then you need to see a doctor.