Accountability Partner(s) for PIYO or other program starting Monday 10/1

Options
I'm looking for accountability partners for PIYO or any other exercise program starting on Monday 10/1. Let me know if you're interested. Having someone to check in with would be helpful.

Replies

• willjean
    willjean Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Have you started working out with PiYo yet? I started about 2 weeks ago. It’s WAY harder then I ever thought it could be. I’m still doing Focus T-25 in the daytime and then I do my PiYo exercise at night about every other day. I’m still learning the moves for PiYo and I’m trying to get the perfect exercise form but despite that, I’m still getting a great workout that is ridiculously challenging. What’s your favorite PiYo workout? Mine, so far... is PiYo Sweat. When I get done, I’m drenched!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I like PiYo Sculpt. I'm working PiYo in with running so I'm skipping Sweat and Drench and focusing on Sculpt, Upper, Lower, Abs, and Buns. I think it's helping stretch out my legs as I'm extremely tight if I miss a day.
  • willjean
    Options
    I haven’t done the sculpt exercise yet. I just finished PiYo Core for the first time today and my abs hate me right now. Lol, but whatever....it just means I have to work on them more. :) What’s your motivation? Are you trying reach a particular goal? Just maintenance? I have to get rid of 12 lbs between now and December 7th. I have my yearly check-in at that time and I refuse to have gained any weight since last year....I do this every single year but it works. Lol
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    willjean wrote: »
    I just finished PiYo Core for the first time today and my abs hate me right now. Lol, but whatever....it just means I have to work on them more. :) What’s your motivation? Are you trying reach a particular goal? Just maintenance?

I did Core last night and can feel it.

I fell and broke my leg and twisted my ankle on Memorial Day, so 3 months of not running has caught up to me. I didn't adjust food intake due to lack of activity. I need to drop 25lbs to get to my happy place, and then figure out maintenance. Sending you a friend request.
  • willjean
    Options
    Did you select a date by which you want to reach your “happy place”? It seems I’m most successful when I have a “due date” like the week just before my family reunion or vacation. :) otherwise, I might let myself slack off, I can’t negotiate with a due date but that’s me. Since you are a runner, I’m sure you have a lot self motivation.
  • willjean
    Options
    I took a 2-day break from working this past weekend. I was crazy sore so I thought I’d give my muscles a break....but I’m back in business. Phase two of Focus T-25 and still doing PiYo at night.
  • willjean
    Options
    I started my journey needing to lose 21 pounds, 12 more to go. :)