Staying motivated

Options
I've had a great success since last november I've lost 120 Lbs but this last month i've been slacking anything helps I don't know why i've been this way again I think its stress and maybe eating for comfort I just wanna stay consistent well thanks for listening or reading God bless

Mark.

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Screw motivation.... drive and habit... that is all....
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Screw motivation.... drive and habit... that is all....

So true. When I wonder if I have the "motivation" to continue this journey forever, I remind myself of this quote, "Extraordinary things are done by ordinary people with an extraordinary amount of determination." -Various

And isn't maintaining a healthy weight and healthy lifestyle extra-ordinary considering many Westerns societies have obesity becoming the new norm?

No waiting around for motivation. I need to be determined to continue. I need to keep putting "one foot in front of the other", and keep on keepin' on.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Agree that good habits backed up by determination will get you a lot farther than motivation. Because weight loss is a long term project, we can’t just work our program when it feels good and get results.

But I don’t think it takes iron clad will to succeed. With some planning you can find the easy road a lot of the time. Try to reserve willpower and determination for the problem situations.

And this- I’ve lost almost as much as you and have been maintaining quite a while. The potential for regaining is a real problem. Work on this now. Don’t fall into the I lost it before, I can do it again trap.

While maintaining I’ve never had an incident where I felt like I was running off the rails. I call my issue calorie creep. Little extras start finding their way into my diet. Cookie here, cookie there, a couple of beers, pizza tonight. Those things are all ok but not all within a few days. Calorie creep leads to scale creep.

You keep a food diary? I’ve quit tracking several times but always go back when in trouble. It has worked every time I’ve done it.