Keto Newbie....Day 1 of Keto and Intermittent Fasting... Looking for like-minded people...

Options
2»

Replies

• Grambo54
    Grambo54 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Its not easy to achieve 60 or 70% fat. I tried, and Im disciplined. Ive settled for medium fat medium protein, low carb. Not the same as Keto, but I still feel under control of my diet and its easier to maintain. Ive done MFP for a month just to count carbs, and dont need it anymore. I really think one key is exercise, cardio is best. You should lose quickly to begin with, but keep up the cardio and low carb and you'll continue to lose.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I noticed it was challenging to complete my food, as well as I felt very bloated full and gassy
    I believe the bloating and gassy feeling may be because today is only my first day with incorporating High fats and low carbs.
    Or it can be this:
    I do have a scale, but honestly haven't used the measuring spoond or cups was eyeballing it and probably should...
    I decided to try keto with fasting, because my weight has been on a continuous upward swing and it seems like no matter what option I try I'm, having a difficult time shedding pounds and keeping it off.
    But then you said this:
    I have tried everything else including vegan and raw vegan
    Have you tried eating your normal food, get in some more fruit and vegs if that has been lacking, sticking to regular meals, not snack so much?
    Maintaining is the hard part
    I know..... Ugh!!
    That's because we want to eat how we like, and we can, so we do. So to maintain, the way we eat to lose weight must be a way we are happy about.
    I also just have to remember to adjust my calories as my weight drops
    How? Your calorie target is 1250 now. You should first set your calorie target correctly, then log correctly, and then adjust expectations.
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm nowhere near a 16 hour a day fast ... but I am aiming for 12 ... and also low carb ... so I look forward to watching your journey.