Options
13»

Replies

• Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    tk2222 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »

36D and the majority are still padded within an inch of their lives :confused: No idea why.

I'm an F and they're still mostly padded. Why, for the love of god?
    1) Padding can be necessary to keep nipples from showing.

b) I think the fabric "sandwich" with the padding inside may be stronger and/or easier to shape than just an outer shell and a lining - or an outer shell with no lining.

iii) ?????, or else the same reason bras have those odd little tiny bows in the front: custom and tradition (which more-or-less amounts to ?????).

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

36D and the majority are still padded within an inch of their lives :confused: No idea why.

b) I think the fabric "sandwich" with the padding inside may be stronger and/or easier to shape than just an outer shell and a lining - or an outer shell with no lining.

iii) ?????, or else the same reason bras have those odd little tiny bows in the front: custom and tradition (which more-or-less amounts to ?????).

Contour bras are definitely better in terms of the shape they provide for some people (this is part of that whole getting the right bra for you thing). The padding on them shouldn't be thick though. I always used to be put off them, thinking they added extra volume (which I don't need), until I actually tried them last year at the assistant's suggestion when I had to replace my entire lingerie drawer. Love them. So if you haven't tried them, maybe give them a go. You may be pleasantly surprised!!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

Contour bras are definitely better in terms of the shape they provide for some people (this is part of that whole getting the right bra for you thing). The padding on them shouldn't be thick though. I always used to be put off them, thinking they added extra volume (which I don't need), until I actually tried them last year at the assistant's suggestion when I had to replace my entire lingerie drawer. Love them. So if you haven't tried them, maybe give them a go. You may be pleasantly surprised!!

I'm a 30FF and have a contour bra. I think there's a bit of a difference between contour bras and padding, though. I didn't find it added extra volume at all.

I like the cups on my contour bra very much, but there are other things about it I don't like, so I don't end up wearing it that often.

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I started at a 42F and am currently a 36G

But volume is a definite problem for me, if I lean to the side....... Wrinkles galore

They function in the way they should, baby seems fine with them

Never had a man crass enough to comment on the way they look (creepers trying to cop a feel don't count as men in my eyes)

Only annoyance is trying to buy reasonably priced underwired nursing bras in my size though a lady on eBay sells some from Poland
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I'm all for fully lined/contour bras. Nothing is more awkward than standing in front of a conference room full of mostly men when you're cold (as most conference rooms are roughly the temperature of walk-in coolers). But the inch of foam shoved into the bottom half of the cups baffles me. I don't want or need them under my chin! :lol:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I'm all for fully lined/contour bras. Nothing is more awkward than standing in front of a conference room full of mostly men when you're cold (as most conference rooms are roughly the temperature of walk-in coolers). But the inch of foam shoved into the bottom half of the cups baffles me. I don't want or need them under my chin! :lol:

Why not? High boobs make a great chin pillow on long flights 😂

For yourself or someone else? :huh: Mine definitely aren't chin pillow volume.
  • silverstah
    silverstah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah - exercises focusing on the pecs/chest/core will firm up the muscles underneath, but if you've had a weight loss then you're probably going to have less-perky breasts.

I went from a 34D at my high weight down to what I thought was a 34C - then I finally sucked it up, broke out the tape measure, and realized I should ACTUALLY be wearing a 30DD. Naturally that's not a size that anyone carries. I bought some 32D's over the weekend and they MOSTLY work - a little spillage but not too bad. Ordered a 30DD online, so we'll see what the difference is when THAT arrives.
  • pattyhouse1970
    pattyhouse1970 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've lost 33lbs so far, 23 inches off my body, and 5 of those inches are from my once awesome C cups.

I have about 40ish more pounds to lose, and am worried about my super sad barely there A cups.

Are there any exercises to perk the boobs? I know I can't spot reduce and I'm not asking to. Just want to know if anything besides a push up bra always will help these sad babies be back up where they should be.

Oh I hear ya! I was a 38C when I started losing weight. I'm now a 32D. I lost a total of 60 pounds. I swear I look like I could wear a training bra. I HATE how they look when I bend over. BUT. Then I remember what all those babies have been through since 1999. 2 kids, getting older and now losing 60. So...I guess I'll take them. ;)
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I went from A+ to solid B/B+ with heavy bench and volume. It's technically pec not boob, but can't tell the difference in shirt/bra. Depending on the current stretch of the skin situation, more pec muscle might provide more "fullness."

Can confirm. I went from DDD to DD with weight loss then back up to DDD with a smaller band size by adding serious pec muscle. Surprised to have actually gained a cup size. Took a long time, though, and lifting ridiculously heavy. The fun part is being able to jiggle your breasts by flexing your pecs.

You can progress through it. Figure out your chest strength and start there. Box pushups, knee pushups, military pushups, 30 military pushups, bench press with just the bar, bench adding 5-10lbs at a time (use a machine or a spotter for safety), incline bench, cable flys, dips, weighted dips. The bulk of my chest training is very heavy bench.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

Oh push-ups are a different matter entirely!! I'm always slightly annoyed when I spot a pretty bra then realise it's a push-up, not a contour.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    silverstah wrote: »
    Yeah - exercises focusing on the pecs/chest/core will firm up the muscles underneath, but if you've had a weight loss then you're probably going to have less-perky breasts.

I went from a 34D at my high weight down to what I thought was a 34C - then I finally sucked it up, broke out the tape measure, and realized I should ACTUALLY be wearing a 30DD. Naturally that's not a size that anyone carries. I bought some 32D's over the weekend and they MOSTLY work - a little spillage but not too bad. Ordered a 30DD online, so we'll see what the difference is when THAT arrives.

Come to NZ. Also a 30DD, have, um, I think 18 bras (not counting sports) :D. And I still whine about the smaller selection! A few of those are sister sized 32Ds though. Depends on the bra how well that works.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds over 15 years ago. Have maintained that loss since, feel good, look good. Anyway, about a year ago I went to see a breast oncologist; luckily it is not because they found anything, but I have a family history that suggests closer monitoring. As part of the exam the doctor did a breast exam. As she's doing it she's vaguely frowning and then asks if I had lost weight. Always eager to boast I say yes and tell her. She says "oh. I wondered why your breasts were...foldy.". She was vaguely embarrassed by her wording but I thought and still they it is funny.

So that's me - ol' foldy boobs.

Foldy...? I think I have a new favorite descriptor for my boobs :lol:
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

Why not? High boobs make a great chin pillow on long flights 😂

For yourself or someone else? :huh: Mine definitely aren't chin pillow volume.

For me, others seem to find Thier normal position perfectly acceptable for a boob pillow 😂