1000 days of success

Options
Wow. 1,000 days. I have logged onto this damn site (My Fitness Pal) for 1,000 days. It sounds like a long time, right? Well, it is. I definitely didn’t “participate” every day, but I sure as hell showed up.

Over the last 1,000 days I’ve lost, I’ve gained and I’ve maintained. I’ve been proud of myself, I’ve hated myself, I’ve loved myself and I’ve beaten myself up over eating a cookie.

As of today, I’m up 15 pounds from my best loss of 55. If I’m being honest, I haven’t tried very hard lately to lose the weight I’ve put back on.

With all that being said, I have made the decision to recommit and get back to the basics. It’s worked before and it will work again.

I am going to let my streak reset tomorrow, so Monday will be day one. It’s also on Monday and the start of a new month. A fresh start all around. I’m participating in the “30 day alcohol experiment” (30 days of not drinking) and will start weighing and tracking all my food. Is it fun? No, but it’s possible and doable.

I guess the point of this post is to tell you you can do anything you put your mind to. Monday seems like a good time to start anything you’ve been thinking about doing. New week, new month and new season. New you?09fvwwms8gc5.jpeg

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! It isn’t always easy but you are right in that consistency as well as honesty are key. Looks like you are doing great!
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Please update us at day 30 after the challenge and every so often
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    Please update us at day 30 after the challenge and every so often

I will!!! Thank you!
  • bobbimrn
    bobbimrn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look so pretty! Life happens. I think never quitting is very inspiring! Good luck.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    Options
    bobbimrn wrote: »
    You look so pretty! Life happens. I think never quitting is very inspiring! Good luck.

Thank you so very much. Today is my fresh start.
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fresh starts are my favorite...everyday, a new beginning. Thanks for sharing!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Love!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It’s the halfway point of the month. I’ve drank twice, which I think is pretty excellent. I’m down about 3 pounds and feeling wonderful. Better and happier than I have in over a year. I’m excited to see what the next two weeks will bring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!