Best exercise for thighs

Options
What's the best exercises to tone up the thighs?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    Cycling.
    Climbing stairs.
  • MelmothWanders
    MelmothWanders Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges
  • cxeex
    cxeex Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Looking "toned" is about 90% fat loss, and unfortunately fat loss can't be targeted. To shrink fat, from anywhere, eat fewer calories than you burn.

For the other 10% - building the muscle under the fat layer - follow a good, full-body program, like one from the pinned post. Self-designed workouts usually end up imbalanced. :+1:

I seem to be losing everywhere except my thighs though
  • cxeex
    Options
    cxeex wrote: »
    Looking "toned" is about 90% fat loss, and unfortunately fat loss can't be targeted. To shrink fat, from anywhere, eat fewer calories than you burn.

For the other 10% - building the muscle under the fat layer - follow a good, full-body program, like one from the pinned post. Self-designed workouts usually end up imbalanced. :+1:

Blame genetics for that!

Great!
  • alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    walking long distances/for a long time at a decent pace, bicycling, squats, lunges. i tend to carry excess weight around my middle personally, but my daughter carries weight in her thighs and walking a lot really slimmed them down a lot. i find bicycling great for toning though but not too much at a time or else they bulk up and get very muscular and bigger(on me at least), squats really tighten them up as well as lunges too.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    i find bicycling great for toning though but not too much at a time or else they bulk up and get very muscular and bigger ...

Yeah! :) My legs get quite muscular when cycling too. It's great!

• tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Weighted bsquats will give you muscle definition on your thighs.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

Blame genetics for that!

Yup. I will never ever have small thighs due to genetics. Best you can do is embrace them and at least be glad that it is a much healthier place to store fat than your middle. However, like others have said, if you still have weight to lose just be patient and they will get smaller over time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weighted bsquats will give you muscle definition on your thighs.

i keep reading 'weighted biscuits'... :laugh:
  • cxeex
    Options

Blame genetics for that!

Yup. I will never ever have small thighs due to genetics. Best you can do is embrace them and at least be glad that it is a much healthier place to store fat than your middle. However, like others have said, if you still have weight to lose just be patient and they will get smaller over time.

Just don't like that they seem more wobbly than the rest of me
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    High resistence on the seat bike slimmed my thighs a lot.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I notice my legs and butt getting firmer or toned whatever you wanna call it since I’ve been doing cardio on my elliptical. I put it on high incline and a medium resistance.
  • TeethOfTheHydra
    TeethOfTheHydra Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Rollerblading. And its more fun than most other things you'll have suggested to you.
  • cxeex
    Options
    Thanks everyone