Struggling with guilt

Options
So, I’ve been having a rough time recently. Ive fallen back into some patterns of binging and purging within my IF window, it had previously been working to help me manage this problem.. I skipped my therapy session this week as I thought I was doing better and I’m too scared to talk to anyone around me about it because I don’t want them to know I’m doing badly again. I guess I just need somewhere to vent kind of anonymously... does anyone who has struggled with an ED have ways to deal with this guilt? (This May be triggering for some and I’m aware this isn’t a board for ED’s but I just feel a little rubbish and need some support)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Stop eating in a window that is triggering your ED to start with?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    (((hugs)))

EDs are tricky beasts, and they will suck you back in given even a glimmer of a chance. Sometimes even when we've found what seems to be a brilliant management system, our brains will find a way around it. You have nothing to feel guilty for, that's the ED talking. Remind yourself that you are a good person, examine what it was that set you off, and consider whether IF is still working for you in this capacity. Don't skip therapy even if you think you're doing well.

More (((hugs)))

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Kdp2015 wrote: »
    Tavistock toad - I think she is saying the window was initially helpful but now less so.

Yes. Which is why my advice is that the first thing she should do is stop with the window.
  • kellsey4955
    kellsey4955 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I’m going to try and see my doctor tomorrow, just trying to keep it together tonight 😪.
  • George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to you Im at the end of recovery but finding myself relapsing as I'm not happy with weight gain and feel as if I'm losing control by eating to much sorry can't offer any advice as feel hypercritical except please go see your therapist xx