I nearly died Jan 26, 2017

Options
I was very active on here a couple years back, I’ve been gone for a while and came back to finish off my fat loss. So Jan 26, 2017 I wasn’t feeling well. I came home early to take a nap. I sat on my bed and heard a wave crashing on me. I had a wave of fear wash over me. I had no idea what happened. I thought I needed to lay down. I couldn’t feel the bed. My left side was paralyzed but I didn’t know that yet. I thought, ok I’m on the bed, just lay back. I couldn’t talk clearly, half my tongue was paralyzed. I knew I had trouble seeing, but I didn’t know why. The 5 senses part of my brain was dead. An artery in my head just broke. Days later, I was diagnosed with “bad luck” and this can happen to anyone. None of my numbers were bad. It was an atanomical anomaly. Not fun. Once I was home 6 days later, I got a phone call. It was a nurse from the hospital. She told me they aren’t allowed to tell patients there, but I was home so she could. They thought I wasn’t going to make it. When the helicopter landed, no one was in a rush. No reason to. My nose itched and I moved my arm to scratch it, then the running and yelling started. I was still kicking. I share this to say, people face all kinds of issues. Getting back up and working on health is the single most important thing to do. I’m losing more fat, and still going. Never give up on yourself.

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    SouperDuck wrote: »
    I was very active on here a couple years back, I’ve been gone for a while and came back to finish off my fat loss. So Jan 26, 2017 I wasn’t feeling well. I came home early to take a nap. I sat on my bed and heard a wave crashing on me. I had a wave of fear wash over me. I had no idea what happened. I thought I needed to lay down. I couldn’t feel the bed. My left side was paralyzed but I didn’t know that yet. I thought, ok I’m on the bed, just lay back. I couldn’t talk clearly, half my tongue was paralyzed. I knew I had trouble seeing, but I didn’t know why. The 5 senses part of my brain was dead. An artery in my head just broke. Days later, I was diagnosed with “bad luck” and this can happen to anyone. None of my numbers were bad. It was an atanomical anomaly. Not fun. Once I was home 6 days later, I got a phone call. It was a nurse from the hospital. She told me they aren’t allowed to tell patients there, but I was home so she could. They thought I wasn’t going to make it. When the helicopter landed, no one was in a rush. No reason to. My nose itched and I moved my arm to scratch it, then the running and yelling started. I was still kicking. I share this to say, people face all kinds of issues. Getting back up and working on health is the single most important thing to do. I’m losing more fat, and still going. Never give up on yourself.

Amazing!!! You're a very lucky man.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are here! That sounded super scary. Thank you for sharing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Glad you are back!
    Are you still paralyzed or did you recover fully?
  • DeeYonce
    DeeYonce Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    What was wrong with u tho?
    ETA- oops I just re-read and saw u had a burst artery. Good lord. Glad u made it!!
  • Marg672
    Marg672 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    As a nurse I love proving the medical profession wrong. Congratulations on your continued success!
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You are incredibly blessed my friend. I trust you are making the most of every day you are given. Thank you for sharing!