Insufficient Calorie Burning to Lose?

muth3rluvx2
muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm wondering for those that are being really successful at losing consistently (many don't have open diaries), I'm starting to think I'm not burning enough each day. Now .. technically, exercise isn't supposed to make a difference in weight loss - but if that's the case, then what's the point of *burning* cals?

I'm only getting in about 400+/- a day burnt...... maybe I should be burning more....?

Thanks!

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    My diary is public . I have done pretty good but I get anywhere from 140 burn to 750. Of course the more I lose the same exercise counts for less and less. That kinda stinks. If the defecit is there you should be fine even with only 400.
  • muth3rluvx2
    That's exactly what I'm wondering.. if my deficit is sufficient. I don't think it is. *sighs*
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    I looked at your diary for like the last 5 days. It does look like you have been over on calories. You want the calorie column to come up green, but not less than 1200. You can either burn more calories or eat slighty less of them. You will should still lose if you don't go over maintenance calories.
    And that is all my knowledge on the subject, still working out my own bugs :P
  • muth3rluvx2
    MamaDaisy: You're right and that was somewhat intentional to kind of see which direction I need to go in. Today I'm "over" but lowered my calorie requirements so I'm still "under" 1200 (for the moment...). I upped them when I started going out and playing tennis every day, but without changing my actual MFP requirements. I figured if was burning that much every day, I should probably consume more.. yeah.... no. Apparently not. And it's been a toss up between trying to burn it off or eat less....

And honestly, I don't eat much. Alot of what people see are the ingredient to things like a salad (tonight). So, it looks like alot, but its not. What tipped me over was the avacado on my sandwich. It was salad and chicken salad sandwich... that's it.
This discussion has been closed.