feeling ashamed after ruining diet today

Options
I've been gaining weight and losing motivation, so I haven't been logging or exercising the past few months. Yesterday I decided it was enough and started logging and set up an exercise routine. But today after work I got home and fell asleep, then was hungry so I decided to eat. I made some rice and veggies and put half in the fridge because I could only have half due to my calories. I did great and didn't go over then suddenly went back and without thinking ate the other half, a banana, and some poptarts. I know it doesn't sound like much but the poptarts were 440 empty calories and the other half of the rice stuff was about 300 calories. If I had anything else quick in my kitchen I probably would have eaten it too. After finishing I realized what I did I felt so bad and I feel like the past couple days were for nothing (I obviously knew I was doing it at the time . It's more like I felt I didn't care and did it anyway) idk what to do...

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Maybe the issue is that you're trying to manage on a 'meal' that's 300 cals? No wonder you were hungry later. Plus where's the fat and protein in rice and veg?

What are your stats and calorie goal?
  • randomgirl913
    randomgirl913 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well, I kind of was considering it a snack. Idk if I should have though. My schedule today was breakfast of 2 eggs, toast, & banana at 10am, I left for work at 10:30, got home at 5. I ate dinner when I got home which thinking about it was just a burger from work and a parfait because we don't have much food here, which was 600 cals, then I fell asleep at about 6:30. I didn't wake up until 9:30 and I exercised.
    At about 12:30 am I decided I was hungry and that's when I did the aforementioned stuff.
    I guess I thought it would keep me fuller.
    I'm currently 254, 5'7 and my goal is 1,660/day
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    we don't have much food here
    I think that is the first issue you have to resolve.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Well, I kind of was considering it a snack. Idk if I should have though. My schedule today was breakfast of 2 eggs, toast, & banana at 10am, I left for work at 10:30, got home at 5. I ate dinner when I got home which thinking about it was just a burger from work and a parfait because we don't have much food here, which was 600 cals, then I fell asleep at about 6:30. I didn't wake up until 9:30 and I exercised.
    At about 12:30 am I decided I was hungry and that's when I did the aforementioned stuff.
    I guess I thought it would keep me fuller.
    I'm currently 254, 5'7 and my goal is 1,660/day

so how much did you actually eat? sounds like a day at maintenance if your calories are set to lose 2lb per week?

one day is not worth getting so worked up about... it really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
  • randomgirl913
    Options
    Sadly I'm working with what I can until Friday when I can get more. And what we have is junk. And food from work since I get it free, which is mostly also junk (McDonald's).

• randomgirl913
    edited October 2018
    Options
    so how much did you actually eat? sounds like a day at maintenance if your calories are set to lose 2lb per week?

one day is not worth getting so worked up about... it really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

2,290. I'm set to 1.5lb currently because for 2lb it's 1440 (maybe 1460, I can't remember) and I wasn't sure how I would handle that to start.
  • SilverBack_200
    SilverBack_200 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have those days. What I try to do is just “forget it” and start fresh the next day. My greatest challenge is not letting a bad meal become a bad day become two.....
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Sadly I'm working with what I can until Friday when I can get more. And what we have is junk. And food from work since I get it free, which is mostly also junk (McDonald's).

or, stop thinking of food as 'junk' or 'healthy' and understand that you lose weight from a calorie deficit, regardless of the type of food you eat.

you can fit mcdonalds into a healthy diet... plus if you have problems with getting enough food, it certainly beats starving yourself.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

2,290. I'm set to 1.5lb currently because for 2lb it's 1440 (maybe 1460, I can't remember) and I wasn't sure how I would handle that to start.

so you're actually still in a deficit by eating 2290 cals.... drama over....