Clean Eating?? Whose doing it?

Options
2»

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I love Panera but *kitten* their marketing campaign sucks!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I will rinse food that can be rinsed under water but I refuse to use soap.

Oh .... is that not what you mean by clean?

The OP gave her definition as like the second response in the thread. Have you had a chance to read through? It was a pretty simple definition. I would think anyone can understand it
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    earlyxer wrote: »
    The easiest way to start to eat clean is to do two things : first, go through your kitchen and toss all the crap in the trash (and don't care what you paid for it, be ruthless), and 2) make sure when you shop that you are buying ingredients, not ready-to-eat.

I suppose that is the easiest way. I'm a gal on a budget, though, so throwing out food is a big no for me. I'd rather use it up quickly than throw it out, personally.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    "Clean" is a marketing tool. Here's a particularly egregious example:
    lqsjzqblge1p.jpg

What Panera means is that they've removed preservatives, artificial flavors and colors, and other additives. Good for them, I guess. This matches the least restrictive definitions of "clean", but doesn't most of the more restrictive definitions. For example, bread and cheese and pasta are surely "processed" food. Bread and pasta are certainly "white" foods. Most of Panera's food has more than 3, or 4, or 5 ingredients. It is definitely take-out food. Certainly this food can come in a wrapper, and Panera most assuredly has advertisements.

So if one is a "clean" eater, how does one know if any particular item is "clean"? How does one stay out of Humpty-Dumpty territory, where words mean only what you choose them to mean?

Not to mention that Panera still servesDiet Pepsi and offers sugar free flavorings for coffee drinks do not THAT committed to “clean”...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Maybe they just strictly enforce employee hand-washing rules? #whoknows

Just goes to show that eating clean can mean whatever you want it to.
  • StillnakedInVegas
    Options
    Let ok at Restart. I have some on my Pinterest. I don’t know if there’s a little cal group near you but I’m sure a friend of mine could look into it.
    No MLM just a way of eating.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Interesting discussion, lots of good info!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Jruzer wrote: »
    "Clean" is a marketing tool. Here's a particularly egregious example:
    lqsjzqblge1p.jpg

What Panera means is that they've removed preservatives, artificial flavors and colors, and other additives. Good for them, I guess. This matches the least restrictive definitions of "clean", but doesn't most of the more restrictive definitions. For example, bread and cheese and pasta are surely "processed" food. Bread and pasta are certainly "white" foods. Most of Panera's food has more than 3, or 4, or 5 ingredients. It is definitely take-out food. Certainly this food can come in a wrapper, and Panera most assuredly has advertisements.

So if one is a "clean" eater, how does one know if any particular item is "clean"? How does one stay out of Humpty-Dumpty territory, where words mean only what you choose them to mean?

Not to mention that Panera still servesDiet Pepsi and offers sugar free flavorings for coffee drinks do not THAT committed to “clean”...

The sign says their FOOD is clean...doesn't mention DRINKS... ;)