Another why can't I lose weight thread

Options
I eat at a deficit of between 500 and 800 a day I weigh my food monitor everything to the last miligram
I strength train 3 to 4 times a week I do pushups dips and walking 6 days a week
I have lost 20lbs before joining mfp and have lost another 33 lbs since
For the past 3 months I can't seem to drop any more I'm at 5.11 215lbs 32 year old male at a rough guess 20% bf
Very active I get up at 8 am and don't sit down until 9pm
On my feet all day there are no liquid calories that I don't log
Any input would be appreciated

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie budget? What is your activity level? What are you logging for exercise?
  • GlynIrish
    GlynIrish Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes I ate at maintenance for 2 weeks and lowered the workout amount to see would it give me a kick start but made no difference I know I'm not gaining 10lbs of muscle in 3 months so that can't be the case
  • GlynIrish
    Options
    Jerome im calorie budget is 2100 I eat at 1200 to 1600 30c40f40p
    Workout I log is in my first post
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • GlynIrish
    Options
    Yes I use a scales all the time and I thought my diary was open already I will open it now
  • GlynIrish
    Options
    No I am 5.11 mfp gives me 2100 to work with so I eat at a deficit to that to lose weight I still have about 30 lbs to lose to be at a healthy weight for my height
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,976 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    No I am 5.11 mfp gives me 2100 to work with so I eat at a deficit to that to lose weight I still have about 30 lbs to lose to be at a healthy weight for my height

MFP is already figuring your deficit.

Set it to "Lose one pound per week." If it gives you 2100, you want to NET 2100. That means when you exercise, add that exercise into the Exercise tab and eat a little more so that your bottom line on the FOOD page comes to zero at the end of the day. You don't deduct from what MFP tells you - the deficit is already calculated. The minimum you want to eat, ever, is 2100.

On days you do purposeful exercise, eat more. Like 2500 or so.

Here, read this:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/410332-how-does-myfitnesspal-calculate-my-initial-goals-
  • GlynIrish
    Options
    I have it set to lose 2lbs a week so of mfp is already factoring in a deficit (I never knew that) am I sabotaging myself by eating at even more of a deficit
    I find it hard to get in the calories to be honest
  • GlynIrish
    Options
    Anything I have as homemade is because I have made myself and added the details
    Regarding potato it's not often enough I eat them to worry really but if I make fries they are oven baked no oil and 1 average potato giving 10 fries I know the scale myself regarding weight etc I just don't put it down
    Same goes for nuts when I do eat some I measure them at 50g which is always the same half cup etc
  • GlynIrish
    Options
    I'm going to try it thank you for your help