Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Smart Scale

My husband and I are looking to get a smart scale for better weight management. I wear a FitBit and he doesn't use any technology (but if he did in the future, it would also be a FitBit.) . Any suggestions of what to buy (or what not to buy)?

Thanks!

Replies

• WoodyWindy
    WoodyWindy Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2018
    We have a Fitbit Aria scale, and can't say enough good things about it. It senses weight and does conductive body fat % readings. Between the two, it somehow manages to distinguish between multiple users almost like magic, and automatically syncs to the appropriate Fitbit profile. (Note, you don't need a wrist tracker to have a user profile on Fitbit) That, of course, then syncs to your MFP profile if you have them connected.

There is, I believe, a new Aria 2 model, which I can only assume is even more accurate than the model 1.

In any case, this is highly recommended.
  • orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    WoodyWindy wrote: »
    We have a Fitbit Aria scale, and can't say enough good things about it. It senses weight and does conductive body fat % readings. Between the two, it somehow manages to distinguish between multiple users almost like magic, and automatically syncs to the appropriate Fitbit profile. (Note, you don't need a wrist tracker to have a user profile on Fitbit) That, of course, then syncs to your MFP profile if you have them connected.

There is, I believe, a new Aria 2 model, which I can only assume is even more accurate than the model 1.

In any case, this is highly recommended.

This is the one I'm looking at, thanks!
  • AccioCupcake
    AccioCupcake Posts: 1 Member
    I opted for this one because of the cost of the Aria and I absolutely love it. It has a great app and will sync with MyFitnessPal! It costs you less and supports a great cause. Plus it has a better warranty!

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Connected-Solution-including-Backlit/dp/B00N9ENKDI?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1&th=1
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Connected-Solution-including-Backlit/dp/B00N9ENKDI?th=1

I've had this one for almost 2 years now, and it has worked perfectly! Syncs to Fitbit and MFP without a problem, and is less than $50 on Amazon. Plus their customer support is very friendly and responsive to any issues or questions!

I was actually looking at the Aria 2 since I love my Fitbits, but this one came up next to it and was so much cheaper and had better reviews. Haven't had any complaints with it! (Well, beyond how honest it can be with my weight, lol)

...Just realized the post above is also the same scale as mine. Definitely a great scale for the price!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I have an Aria scale but it's been a long time since I bothered to connect it to the wifi so it's now just a dumb smart scale. I don't even bother with the BF% readout anymore. I just jump on, record the weight and go about my day.

When it was hooked up it did the job so if that's what you're looking for it works well.