I need breakfast ideas, limited diet!

Options
2»

Replies

• bustercrabby
    bustercrabby Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    I used to have trouble with breakfast ideas. Then I realised that food doesn't know what time it is and everything is a breakfast food.

So down with pigeonholing food I say. Throw off the oppressive shackles of food classification and eat stew for breakfast and cereal for dinner.

Heresy! :D
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Wraps. Like breakfast burritos with refries, or black beans, green chilies, olives, tomatoes, salsa etc. My favorite is a greek breakfast wrap with kalamata olives, feta cheese, scrambled egg, bacon, tzatziki or greek yogurt. Or curried chicken salad with apple slices. Or Goat cheese with fruit chunks. Pizza type wraps with pepperoni, onions, peppers, cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms,etc. Sausage. Tofu.
    Wraps with leftovers from the day before. Add things like shredded cabbage or chopped kale to bulk them out. Endless possibilities if you use your imagination.
  • tlanger251
    tlanger251 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    how many carbs can you have a day? i do low carb also, and the carbs in oatmeal, apples and oranges are too high for me. i like to make bacon asparagus.. so good!!vrbg7rhdvf6l.png
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I always think of cereal for breakfast. Anything by Kelloggs, Ralstons, Nestle, Post, General Mills, Weetabix, etc. That along with milk, and sometimes yogurt. Then there's boiled egg, buttered toast, marmalade, jam, or other spreads. For the occasional something more special I might have bacon, muffins, fruit, sausage, ……..

I miss my cereal, it tends to shoot my blood sugar up way too high. :(
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    tlanger251 wrote: »
    how many carbs can you have a day? i do low carb also, and the carbs in oatmeal, apples and oranges are too high for me. i like to make bacon asparagus.. so good!!vrbg7rhdvf6l.png

I could probably try that, even though its weird for me to do non-breakfast items. I do love bacon! I can have 200g carbs per day. Breakfast has to be no more than 35g.
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I hate most healthy breakfast foods. I love eggs, cheese, bacon, and french toast, of course! But I cannot eat yogurt, smoothies, oatmeal, or fruit that early. I usually just have coffee for breakfast and then around 10AM I have my lunch.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    tarcotti wrote: »
    tlanger251 wrote: »

I could probably try that, even though its weird for me to do non-breakfast items. I do love bacon! I can have 200g carbs per day. Breakfast has to be no more than 35g.

Oooooh I had duck for breakfast! Breakfast items for which country? (Kidding) ;)