Starting over

Options
Hey everyone! I'm having to start over...sort of...
At my highest, I weighed 270. Over the course of three years I managed to get to 120 which included a pregnancy during that time. I ended up in the hospital with an ED about a year and a half ago. I've gained about 50 pounds since then. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which definitely makes losing weight more challenging. My primary care doctor pulled me off of metformin about 8 months ago which is what led to the majority of the weight gain. I'm now back on the medication after meeting with an endocrinologist. I also found out my DHEA levels are crazy high but no one has told me how to lower it but it's definitely a factor to weight gain/inability to lose as well. I'm feeling super frustrated and defeated right now. The endocrinologist I met with two weeks ago said to keep my calories under 900 a DAY but I know with my history of ED that isn't wise so I stick to 1200. I also can't life weights or do most any kind of workouts I enjoy as I have a significant shoulder injury I'm going to physical therapy twice a week for. I'm just feeling like there are so many road blocks in my way and my anxiety is crazy bad because of my weight gain. How do you stay motivated why you see ZERO progress?

Replies

• TLBentley1
    TLBentley1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Through all of my starts and stops, I've learned that motivation can't come from the scale. It's great when the numbers are going down but when you're stuck, the scale is your worst enemy. Since you can't lift, try walking, swimming (using a kick board), riding, find a class you like, even though I know there is more to life than cardio. Give yourself a goal outside of weight. Start training for a 10K or a bike race. Get wrapped up in that process and stop looking at the scale.