Hemp protein vs Whey protein?

Options
Just curious, what's everyone's preference on protein supplements for post workout/overall nutrition? I've always used whey before, but my sister's trainer recently recommended hemp, so I made a switch when I ran out two weeks ago. Debating about switching back to the whey once I'm out of this container and just wanted to see what other opinions were.

Replies

• lovejenny333
    Options
    I strongly prefer whey, mostly because of taste, but it does have higher calories. I've also been trying to get my protein naturally before and after workouts through foods.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I prefer Whey because of all the one's I've looked at they've always been higher, gram for gram in protein than the Hemp one's I've found.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I agree with both the taste being better with whey and more protein than hemp. My whey is 26 grams per serving as opposed to hemp being 15 grams of protein. I know there's more fiber in the hemp, but I wonder about any other benefits? I didn't know about the calories, so I'm glad you mentioned that...I'm newly switched from ww point counting to calorie counting so I need to remember to start thinking more about that and looking at that too. I'm trying to watch my 40/30/30 ratios more closely as well. Nice to hear some other opinions and feedback!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Whey tastes better and is cheaper. Hemp provides a lot more fiber and iron iirc. I had some hemp protein for a while and liked having it, but when it was gone I didn't get more.